Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my caliper lock up twice in the last week when I've used the E-brake. I have to drive for about 2 miles, get it really hot, and then turn off my car for about 1 minute. then it will unlock. WTF is going on? It isn't cold enough to freeze, and I replaced the rear calipers last spring. I don't want to warp or crack my rotors, so what should I do?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a 93. I replaced both the rear like six months ago. And it only locks if I use the e-brake. And it eventually releases.

M

·
0 Posts
um,,, well, an important piece of information would be to replace the calipers with 96,97calipers. the problem was fixed in the 95-97 years and dont worry they will bolt up fine and everything.

·
Big Balla'
20 Posts
Or you can just not use the ebrake. Mine does the same thing and I have replaced the calipers. I just don't use it. If I do, I just reach underneath the car and make sure that the brake is fully released before I start driving again.

·
Probe GT Member
21 Posts
Well....its what I did....

I still have the same sticking calipers. After a while they stopped sticking...I put extra tension of the return spring...I also carried a brick around with me and used it on steep inclines. I only use my ebrake on flat surfaces just to keep the car from rolling. I have some replacements that I bought from Roebuck but right now there getting smoothed, painted and clear coated. I'll put them on whenever I feel like it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts