Ford Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone can recommend any nice rims for a lowered ef falcon?
(not 17's since i would probably dent them from how i drive, lol)

Pics would be appreciated.

I really like the EL Fairlane By TICKFORD "Speedline Wheels By Roman Autotek" but at $800ea from ford and not able to buy them from Roman Autotek i'd rather something else. :angry:

CSA Force rims are nice, but i dont want polished..

Any suggestions? :s5

:CU:

(ps. pic attached are the speedline rims for ref.)

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Im pretty sure the Tickford Fairlane rims are 17inch anyway.....

But these rims are popular (a bit too popular now IMO )

And ive always found these ones interesting....(off a Fairlane Sportsman or something??)

Theres also the ED XR Sprint rims

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
exodius said:

CSA Force rims are nice, but i dont want polished..

Any suggestions? :s5

:CU:

(ps. pic attached are the speedline rims for ref.)
So thats where CSA copied the Force wheels from...I reckon the force wheels look better, the polished finish on the Force's is not polished...its a very coarse machine finish which lasts. Go have a look at the ute pics in the showroom thread. Those wheels(speedline)look just like any other everyday(think grey polaris wheels) wheels but $800 each!!!What a crock...If u want to spend that much might as well get some nice custom billet wheels or go for huge chrome..!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CSA Runs

CSA Rims on your ute, what size are they? 15's or 16's or?

Because they look quite small in comparison with your car thats the problem i found with them.

Nice wheels, although those Speedline rims are mad .. but csa or some others it might come down to.

Any other suggestions? And not interested in Ford Rims!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
el futura's expensive wishlist

Do :not: NOT! :not: buy a body kit from SSV.

Ford itself charges last time i rang (2 months ago) $975 for a Tickford Kit including wing im sure too, not fitted/not sprayed.

With your Exhaust+Extractors i can organise for you if you like :) And spraying of the body kit or watever! :bcool:

Those are nice wheels actually, how much do they go for but?

Anyone else? So many people have read this Post but no1 has an idea? i mean come on! :wtf:

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Re: CSA Runs

exodius said:
CSA Rims on your ute, what size are they? 15's or 16's or?

Because they look quite small in comparison with your car thats the problem i found with them.

Nice wheels, although those Speedline rims are mad .. but csa or some others it might come down to.

Any other suggestions? And not interested in Ford Rims!
they are 17's...!the high sides of the ute are deceiving.In the pics the front wheels look big and the back looks small.
There is another EL here somewhere with these wheels...cant remember his name tho.
And yes Id love some 20'$ too

·
ST170ish
610 Posts
Its the fella that go's by the name of mangrovejack!

·
EFII Futura I6
21 Posts
I've got a set of ROH Azzurros on my EF (which is the same colour as the one in the post above :s5 schweet)

They are in the 16" size, and though they look a bit different than the ones in this picture (mine have a different centre) I like them. They cost ~$290 back in 1999. Even Tickford are putting 18" versions on their cars now...

Maybe this is just me, but I have a small problem with the 16" tickford rims - the directional ones, first picture in Martin's post above. While they look great, they aren't made in left and right sides. Therefore one one side of the car they are "backwards". I have noticed this with wheels and hubcaps from many manufacturers. I particularly remember the VN SS group A, whre they mentioned that the rims were designed especially to duct air to or from the brakes. Trouble was they were directional, so maybe only the brakes on one side got cooled?

·
Registered
698 Posts
Love Mangrovejack's wheels, and Love his car.

The Man has very admirable tastes. The colour, the model, ahhh and those wheels !!!!!

Now I know what mine would look like with those wheels.
(Gotta have em, Gotta Have them !!!)
Gotta get money, Gotta get money.

·
Registered
134 Posts
earlier this year there was a write-up in Street Machine mag about new rims coming out...the mag quoted $400 each for 16 inch ROH Adrenaline, but remember this price probably wouldn't be the cheapest around town...

In regard to SSV bodykits, may I ask whats wrong with them??? Do you think they're a bit expensive??
Do you know if they're good quality or not??
and, do SSV actually make these kits or are they supplied with the kits?
...sorry to change the subject a bit (and the pop-quiz!!:s3)...

+ I forgot to say, those wheels look amazing in 17's

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hrmm!

hey..
the ssv kits are more expensive, aftermarket for one (duh) and poor quality.
the ssv kit is $1200 or so not fitted, original ford kit is $975.

why not just get original?

> thanks for the pics .. .the csa force rims on a sedan look good you were right!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts