Ford Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· WASHERE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've got a really nice set of 6inch splits i want to put in the front doors of my ba fairmont. I'd like to install them with as little damage to the door as possible lol. Has anyone here fitted 6inchs into their ba?
do you have picks or dimentions of the need brackets?
lol

i know it's alot to ask, but i know one of you has done it well lol.

thanks!

· Will never go back to a 6
86 Posts
Got the same problem, mate. I'm trying to fit some Alpine Type-X 6.5 inchers into the doors of my Ghia. it all depends on weather you want to keep it stock looking or go custom. Because my car's being used as a demo car for Alpine's new VehicleHub system that integrates with the factory dash (sorry about the plug) I've decided to go custom. There are tons of options for either way you choose to go as I found out on another forum... have a look at:
http://www.caraudioaustralia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=62331

· WASHERE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmmm, yeah. i had read of that forum article. I'm not inspired lol, I pulled my drivers door apart a few days back and I’m sure that it'll fit the 6inch Vdo splits in without causing any damage to the metal of the door, the real issue for me I think will be the speaker grill. It seems to be to shallow and because it's been plastic welded into the door lining you can't even see if you'll get clearance by removing it.

I’m glad to hear that there are others out there with the same issue. Maybe some one as made a custom speaker grill for the Ba doors and would like to make some quick cash for a copy? Lol just a thought.

thanks BENSV8

· Will never go back to a 6
86 Posts
You'd think somebody would make a speaker grill. After all, Aerpro makes grills for VT onwards for people who want to mount 6x9s on the parcel shelf. and they were out and around within weeks of the crummy's release.

· WASHERE
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, yeah i agree. Who'd think that the holden drivers have more need for those sorts of parts. Hell i'd buy one if i could find one, an i know others who own ba's or au's that would gladly buy grills or speaker mounts for a premium.

shame someone is missing out on loads of money lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.