Ford Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmmm

So if xr comes standard with skirts (maybe the ute) why does Ford still charge $1600.00 for the front and rear skirts???

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Laminge,

From lookin in the brochure i think the skirts that come with the XR standard are the same ones as the SR. But the $1600 Body Kit includes a larger side skirt (a replacement) that goes right up to the door mould and the front and rear skirts.

So i guess it's the best of both worlds for the customer, who either choose body kit option or stock.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Ahh ok, so are the side skirts the same even in the XR's without the bodykit?

G

·
0 Posts
Hmmm which one is it are they included or not?
I thought they were.
Sure the dealer is not talking about the 200kw XR8? Surely not.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Well i thought what i said was the case but i guess i'm wrong. I'll try to findout about it. Seems ironic that theyare charging $1600 for the body kit with less 2 side skirts.
:confused: :confused: :confused:

It's is abit ripped off if the bodykit consists of a rear skirt and those two little front pieces for $1600. :( :(

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Gee you guys must have been in la la land or something.

I've been *****ing about this since I ordered my car!
The sideskirts are different in the bodykit, however there is no cost credit from saving the standard SR type skirts. My car was shipped from Ford without skirts at all so I'm not totally happy I have to say!!!!!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So you get some standard skirts on an order, but if you pay $1600.00 you get those ripped of and other put on?

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
the XR8 as standard has the SR/75th anniv. skirts as standard.

They look ****ty. The $1600 body kit has different skirts.

(I'd prefer to pay $700 for the AU2 body kit from SSV - Identical to the ford genuine one, only a copy.)

·
7,777 Posts
jaytyn said:
the XR8 as standard has the SR/75th anniv. skirts as standard.

They look ****ty. The $1600 body kit has different skirts.

(I'd prefer to pay $700 for the AU2 body kit from SSV - Identical to the ford genuine one, only a copy.)
I refuse to support scum like SSV who flop other people's designs and make money when they can't design decent stuff themselves. If SSV are doing copies Tickford should enforce their design registration and pull these wankers into court like HSV have done. Plus their stuff is fibreglass which is old fashioned and prone to damage.

·
7,777 Posts
laminge said:
So you get some standard skirts on an order, but if you pay $1600.00 you get those ripped of and other put on?
Essentially YES!
(Except they never fit the standard skirts in the first place).

What this means is you have essentially paid for the standard skirts in full, however you never see them. Rip off for sure!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Ahh righto, it is a ripp off then :( :eek: , the only benifit is for teh guys who buy a butt stock XR6/8 "probably me in the future due to money :rolleyes: " then they get these SR skirts as opposed to nothing.

T

·
0 Posts
Instead of going on about it, which I agree with, I might add. lets ask Ford the question.

Okay Geoff, and David, or any other Ford Employee who may know, who resides on this forum. What is the go with bodykits, sideskirts, front back and whatever. Who pays for what, who gets what, and why do people get different from what they ordered. lets clear it up once and for all.

·
7,777 Posts
THE DOCTOR said:
Instead of going on about it, which I agree with, I might add. lets ask Ford the question.
I've been *****ing about this since the day I ordered my car. In fact the contract has a note to say that this issue needs to be resolved. Guess what? No action as yet.......

I would say that with the full kit costing $1600, the new price should be more like $1000/$1100 at the most. However, there are issues with Ford vs Tickford receiving the money (Ford would have to discount the base car to delete the SR type skirt).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts