Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<h1><b> Donut King and Ford Man announce rival V8 Series</b></h1>
<hr>
Donut King and Ford Man wish to announce their plans for a rival V8 Supercar style series and are calling for ideas and input into the sorts of basic rules to put into the series.
<br>
Ideas we have come up with so far are:
<ul>
<li> Series will stay <b><i>NATIONAL</i></b> - Tasminia AND Western Australia will be included in the series
<li> Parity formula will not be as controlled, basic rules will still cover minimum weights of cars, engine displacement and materials allowed in construction of cars but development is unlimited in regards to aerodynamics kits and other components.
</ul>
Of course this is purely fictional but it should be a bit of fun to see what we can come up with, anyone else got any ideas?

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
mmm, Don't know

There is only one problem with your suggestion DK, and thats the open slather arrangement you suggest for development and aero. This would mean that the team that could afford the best engineers would win {this still applies now though, although all teams are, or supposed to be, equalized by the restricted aero kits, and development rules}. The thing is the more advanced aero becomes, the harder it would be to pass. A car thats following would be very unstable as the air its punching through would be turbulent. Some drivers are complaing about this now, and want something done about it.

F1 cars have this problem, although major design rules are changing to overcome this. It would make for much better racing IMO.

What a rant, and you're probably aware of this anyhow.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had thought about that, so I left development open in other areas to compensate.
But you are right it would probably be better to let them develop one aero kit for the car when it is introduced e.g EL to AU changeover and after that develop the car in other areas to bring it up to speed or whatever, probably wouldn't let them have such broad aero kit rules either, i.e maximum rear wing height of xmm and maximum are or rear win no more than x(width of car) by xx(max width of wing)mm2, plaus a maximum undertray size of so many mm2.
Whatever way it would be smaller than current regs to ger a bit more sideways type motion, possibly even more passing.
Lets see what else we can come up with here, but as it's 1.30am i'm off to sleep.:D

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I like the Tasmania idea. I am not sure why Holden and Ford aren't more active in getting the current formula to all states and teritories.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I think it's got something to do with the travel costs for the teams. That's why they killed off barbagello next year. It would've been this year only shell paid some biccies for there 100th year celebrations.
I can't see why they don't do tassie though. You'd think It'll cost more to go to NZ.. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yes you haver a point. The Tasmania excuss is complicated. The government spent money on a new pit area and the like, they schedule the race in Tasmania's wettest months two years running and still got 20000+ people. I can not excuse the governing body for going overseas when the claim cost as a reason for not going to all states. On top of this both manufactures promote a total ownership experience and offer owner privilages that we miss out on in Tassie

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
yeah I could have accepted it if the drivers said we hate the track and maybe they do. It was a huge day in Tasmania and was the longest running single day sporting event and it holds the record for the crowd attendance too. You can't schedule a race in Tasmania in August and when it rains blame the poor paddock conditions as uncomfortable for the spectators.

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol, Cochrane expects everyone to build indoor race tracks now?!? It wouldn't surprise me......
Cochrane is a fool, they should have stayed in tassie and in WA, there goes a large chunk of the audience afterall

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
It's like sheduling the GMC 400 in Canberra in the middle of winter... and to think some mongrel gets paid $100k+ to make stuoopid decisions like that!!...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
4 Participants
FM
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing