Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there roadside assistance on the Focus in Australia? I'm planning a trip to the SA (Adelaide, Clare Valley and Flinders), Vic (GOR and Melbourne) and then back to Sydney in the new ST170. It'll be less than a month old when it begins this trip and I'm a bit concerned if the thing dies a mysterious death on me in the middle of nowhere.

My last 4 cars all had Roadside Assistance, but this is my first Ford. Ford's website isn't very good at disclosing such information...

·
Focus user
287 Posts
im pretty sure there is some form of roadside assistance that comes with our focii....but best to talk to the dealer you bought the car from and find out the exact details.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Let me check mate, I know it isn't standard on the rest of the range, may also not be standard with the ST170. It is definitely an option on the lesser Foci, but I think it's also optional on he ST170. I'll find out for you on Monday.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Yep there is roadside assistance with the ST170

I have it, just waiting for it to arrive to me, comes with every brand new ford you buy

Have to let me know when you are coming over lincolnr, would be good to meet up with an interestate member :)

Cheers

Chris

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chris, I'm meeting up with Aussiefrogs.com guys when I'm in Adelaide. So perhaps you can come along to that? Matt has become a defacto frogger here in Sydney, maybe you can in Adelaide. Anyway, thanks for clarifying that.

Does it cover you for punctures? I'm quite concerned about heading up to Wilpena and driving around some of the dirt roads there with on a space saver.

Matt, thanks for confirming. I'd like to borrow a full sized spare tyre for this trip, reckon you could sort something out? Maybe I could just borrow yours?

- Lincoln

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Lincoln: Sounds good to me :) have to let me know when where etc :) send me a PM and i will let you know my mobile when you are ready :)

The sales lady told me that its for everything, tho would also advise you to get some RAA/NRMA etc memberships that cover your for wherever you are its worth the money just as a back up i personally think, will be renewing mine shortly as well as my ford roadside assist.

Not a good idea to have just the spacesaver up there thats for sure, but if you take it easy no real reason you should have any problems, have heard of far worse cars driving around there with no worries as long as you dont go 4x4 off road style ;)

Cheers

Chris

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
Lincolcn, the Zetec also comes with a "tight-arse tyre", aka space saver so I'd like to help.. but sadly I can't!!! There are some guys around with spare sets having added rims, just post out here and see if anybody is willing to help you with a backup tyre there... otherwise you might be able to purchase a spare through Ford, just a steel spare perhaps. I'll see what is available there for you on Monday perhaps.

As for the Roadside assistance, rest assured it isn't standard with every Ford. I sell them and trust me, it's not standard. Usually only standard on premium models above about $40,000. I am not sure about the ST170 that's why I'll check, I have a feeling it may not be but I'll see what the go is. Some dealerships take it upon themselves to include free added warranties or Roadside assistance, however these dealerships basically won't bargain as much as others with the price of the extras basically being taken off the margin on the vehicle price. Power Ford gives a better price on the vehicle rather than adding extra warranty or roadsie assistance on the lower models as do most dealerships. I'll find out for you on Monday anyway if we have standard on the ST170 or if it's extra. Otherwise, you've got the option of purchasing it or going with NRMA/RACV etc.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Zetec : Never knew it didnt come std with the fords, i have had it on my ST as well as my 2nd hand EL that i got, maybe its just my dealer that throws it in as part of the deal, as well as a good price off the car

Cheers

Chris

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
yeah it isn't standard on most base models and those below a certain price (about $40k I guess) so many dealers add it on. Trust me though, there's no way they'd be adding it on and giving you a car all for cost price... like giving you a good deal on your trade in... maybe the discount on the car isn't quite as good. 5k discount + 4k trade or 2k trade + 7k discount... both the same. I'm with NRMA anyway so I never really care. As long as I've got something.

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
then it mustn't have been a shite deal if that's what it was worth!!! silly billy

·
Corner Hugger
1,487 Posts
redbook isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
it was on the net :p so wasnt on paper.. anyway i knew what my car was worth, had it valued a few times before i got this car and came up with the same result, and had it from different dealers and not just ford to.. so im not to fussed really, have the car i want which is a good thing :)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Matt, Falcon has 24 hour roadside assistance, according to a mate with one...

Re: the spare, I only need one for the holiday, 1.5 weeks...

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Matt has called me this morning and confirmed that the Focus does not have roadside assistance. It's an option and is better value than the equivalent NRMA assistance.

I'm sure he'll come in here and tell us a bit about it.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah, strange to just be given something for free without the dealer making a fuss over it though. I called 13 FORD as well, just to double check (sorry Matt, I do believe you!), and they confirmed that it wasn't provided on the Focus range. I'm very surprised, I must say, my previous Nissan, VW and Peugeot had it. It's quite a strange thing to not provide by default on modern cars which are so heavily dependent on computers.

·
2,922 Posts
NRMA are pretty good, but with todays computer cars, unless it is something really basic which I could fix myself, then they aren't going to be able to do much either. I still have them in the hope that one day they will prove me wrong, but never have NRMA been able to do anything more than I can. If something in the computer dies, its tow truck time.

I guess for spare tyres / batteries / locking keys in the car (not that keys will ever be a problem with the Focus) it could prove useful if you really get stuck - hooray for 55 bucks a year, haha!

Cheers... Tim

1 - 20 of 25 Posts