Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I want my brothers car.
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i was talking to Rod on Saturday morning and the Twin Turbo's on his Boss powered Pursiut has become a reality, if your in Melbourne look out for this Citric torque monster, he drove it Saturday Morning and says the whole instalation looks clean and neat and under the bonnet look like a factory fit.
i cant post a link to the pictures but i know Rod has some of his own.
i will ask Rod to post some pictures sometime Monday.

·
Registered
829 Posts
pics.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
nAmTaB said:
:worship: sweeeeeeeeeeeeet
Well what can one say but awesome.When are we going to see a BOSS do some real times,looking forward to seeing this set-up perform. :driver:

·
The Deputy Dogg.
1,862 Posts
Will this void the factory warranty ? :whoaa:
The setup looks great, may we enquire on cost of the setup and see some dyno graphs ?
Can't wait to see it run @ Calder :bowd:

·
Get It On
209 Posts
friggin awesome rod your a mad bugger
cant get enough of this aps have done i nice job

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
FPVGT said:
Well what can one say but awesome.When are we going to see a BOSS do some real times,looking forward to seeing this set-up perform. :driver:

thanks Alex
the credit is all to A.P.S. they have turned this lard arse truck into one tuff towtruck

it was built for a purpose & that purpose is to tow our trailor but once sorted we may give it a push down the blacktop just for old time sake

Mark & I gave it a little squirt on the weekend but the road must have been wet ( it felt like it anyway ) & i wouldnt play ball on a wet road

there is no way this docile little boss will play on stock tyres unless you want to run a burnout comp :priest:

carnt wait to hook up the trailor & go playing :driver:

Peter being Peter ( read very fussy bugger ) wants to iron out a few little bugs before we get to play, ( i belive he wants to iron them out with rapid velocity & the windscreen )

but on a serious note there is still more to be done before the project is completed & we move on to part 2 :shh:

thanks again to Peter, David, Robert, Rainer & Staff at A.P.S. on enother well done project

regards
rod

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
falcon coupe said:
Will this void the factory warranty ? :whoaa:
The setup looks great, may we enquire on cost of the setup and see some dyno graphs ?
Can't wait to see it run @ Calder :bowd:

"WARRANTY" = guarantee given to the buyer of an article

IE: warranty from Ford = you will enjoy your car

IE: warranty from A.P.S. = you will enjoy your car

Guess the warranty is good

as for cost's the construction is not complete so its not possiable to price as yet, check with A.P.S. once the project is completed & costing sorted

run at Calder :shh: never never never Ok maybe once

alright twice

so maybe its three times

who knows

regards
rod

·
Registered
104 Posts
Great news fellas. Look forward to some times and some dyno graphs to show the real power of the boss engines.

When you think about it the stock XR6 engine makes around 130rwkw yet with an aps phase III it and a turbo it makes 330rwkw.

Now the stock Boss makes around 210rwkw. With twin turbos what will it make???? 400+rwkw :bowd:

·
The Deputy Dogg.
1,862 Posts
Geeseman said:
Now the stock Boss makes around 210rwkw. With twin turbos what will it make???? 400+rwkw :bowd:
I believe the LS1 made 385rwkw with the APS twin turbo kit, so as long as this goes 386 everything will be peachy :)

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
At 7lb's in limp home mode. Not to mention it was the car's first time at the strip not very pleasing at all :hy: .

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
XRQTOR said:
At 7lb's in limp home mode. Not to mention it was the car's first time at the strip not very pleasing at all :hy: .
add to that that the car was finished at 5.30 on the Thursday & on the track by 6.30 on the Friday, it may not be pleaseing to some but i for one am very pleased with it :hy:

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
rod said:
add to that that the car was finished at 5.30 on the Thursday & on the track by 6.30 on the Friday, it may not be pleaseing to some but i for one am very pleased with it :hy:
I'd kill to have your ute mate and im sure many others would to. I cant wait till it hits the strip again, you taking it again this week.

1o's is only a few lb's away.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
XRQTOR said:
I'd kill to have your ute mate and im sure many others would to. I cant wait till it hits the strip again, you taking it again this week.

1o's is only a few lb's away.

yes it would be great to run a 10 in it but its not built for that, i actually want to use it for towing my trailor & am more than happy with the way it goes

all it really needs is for some way to stop it turning the tyres at 110 Kmh on the freeway if you put you foot into it :shh:

maybe we should have a little play with the rev limiter & limit it to 3500 Rpm :driver: add to that a tub full of sand & maybe some "for those that are old enough to remember" standard petrol

what do you think

regards
rod

1 - 20 of 25 Posts