Ford Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
rod said:
yes it would be great to run a 10 in it but its not built for that, i actually want to use it for towing my trailor & am more than happy with the way it goes

all it really needs is for some way to stop it turning the tyres at 110 Kmh on the freeway if you put you foot into it :shh:

maybe we should have a little play with the rev limiter & limit it to 3500 Rpm :driver: add to that a tub full of sand & maybe some "for those that are old enough to remember" standard petrol

what do you think

regards
rod
Is the trailer to stop the wheel spin on thr freeway or you want to tow one for your other beast. Either way it's going to be one of the fastest trailers running around.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
rod said:
add to that that the car was finished at 5.30 on the Thursday & on the track by 6.30 on the Friday, it may not be pleaseing to some but i for one am very pleased with it :hy:
Well done Rod had a good look at the ute and it looks smick.11.8 is only the start i seen this ute run and it will easily run better than that in the future.Good to see a BOSS run in the 11's regardless. :driver:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Excellent Time and MPH :hy:

Indicative of around 330rwkw and at low boost too.

Wind her up and smash all the records, Rod :driver:

·
Club Phantom
284 Posts
rod said:
add to that that the car was finished at 5.30 on the Thursday & on the track by 6.30 on the Friday, it may not be pleaseing to some but i for one am very pleased with it :hy:
Good on ya Rod. Those of us who have ACTUALLY been down the track a time or two will know this is a good result. I know of very few cars that "hit the track running" so to speak and run optimum numbers off the trailer. Teething problems are to be expected. I'd be thinking 10's is in the offing....... go get 'em. I'm particularly interested to see how you go as a mate of mine is considering buying a GT depending on the performance of the twin turbo BOSS.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
COUPEMAN said:
Good on ya Rod. Those of us who have ACTUALLY been down the track a time or two will know this is a good result. I know of very few cars that "hit the track running" so to speak and run optimum numbers off the trailer. Teething problems are to be expected. I'd be thinking 10's is in the offing....... go get 'em. I'm particularly interested to see how you go as a mate of mine is considering buying a GT depending on the performance of the twin turbo BOSS.
ANy car that runs 11's is quick, a street registered daily driven car that runs 11's is awsome but to do it with such minor mods and drive like a stocker is nut's. Then there's the fact this was done first time out with only 7lb's, imagines 2olb's of boosted Boss grunt.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
13 Participants
XRQTOR
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing