Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 288 Posts

·
Birth, Drift, Death...
3,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey peoples, im having a bit of a dilemma at the moment.

as a second job i am a part time kitchen hand at a place that does functions, wedding receptions etc.

a new waitress started a little while ago, very pretty, my height, short blonde hair, though she has her 'libret' (spelling?) pierced - you know the bit of skin under your bottom lip? - ew bad. she looks about 18/19 years old.

anyway, we have been talking a little, she is a really nice person, which is bloody unusual for brisbane, all the decent chicks here either have boyfriends or are total up themeselves b!tches. actually...i havent asked her if she has a bf yet...so this thread my come to naught anyway.

so anyway, we were talking, i find out she is 16...bad bad bad bad. im 21...

were i to go out with her, my intentions would be entirely honorable (i cannot stress that enough! im NOT after sex - i know if i had a daughter i would kill any guy that touched her :p)

my parents are 5 years apart, but it was like 20 to 25, not 16 to 21...

im dont drink, and dont go clubbing often, so the age difference re: 'going out on the town' thing shouldnt worry me too much, but the question is:

Is she too young? mentally (and definatly phisicaly!!) she is older than her age suggests, but i have a sad feeling in my heart that she is too young for it to be "socially acceptable" for us to go out - what do you all think?

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
If she's a very mature 16 yr old, then go for it and I don't mean mature as in body, I mean her personalty, I met my g/f when she was 16 and I was 18 and we are still together with no regreat's.

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
i thought you were gonna say ur prob was with the labret, thats the only prob id have, but then again im only 17 ;).

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Just see how it goes as friends. Don't rush anything. If it works out for you, you have all the time in the world. Bearing in mind that you "might" cop a bit of flack from family and friends... that does disapear over time. BTW - There is 6yrs between my wife and I.

When she is 20, you'll be 25....

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
and an extra bonus: if she's 16, she's legal! w00t!

I was in a similar situation a while back (she was older) - if it feels right, just do it. Ultimately, how much do you care about what others think if you're happy?

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
Go for it mate... who cares what other people think!!! there is nine years between my parents... dad was 18 when he first me mum, 27!!! now thats an age gap!!!

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
I really don't see your age being that much of a gap, I don't really see a problem with it.. probably as I go for late 20's to late 30's (I'm 24). Just go for it and see what happens.

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
No there's definetly nothing wrong with a little peircing,I find it very sexy.

·
Mulberry Rain
1,229 Posts
Okay, just suss it out a little bit longer. Get to know her.

The main problem here is not the fact that your peers will belittle you or anything. She is 16 and has a peircing - maybe a generalisation here, but she sounds like the kind of person thats gonna want to go out and club often and have a good time.

You mentioned that you dont drink and dont go clubbing often - are you goin be able to deal with the fact that she probably already is very social.. and will only be more so in a few years time? Your gonna have to adapt a bit to this and try not to hold her down...

Something to think about..

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
Fordqirl said:
It depends on what kind of piercing though, some can be ugly.
Yes too much peircing can be to much to handle but the subtle one's are mmmn,nice, especially the belly button.

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
She sounds ok, but yeh i have to agree about the brisbane part. I dunno whether we get the rough end of the bargin or what, but its hard to find nice chicks up here that have a decent personality and like FORDS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Give it time and get to know her more, they seem nice from the outside, but once you get to know them thats another story.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
galaxy xr8 said:
Yes too much peircing can be to much to handle but the subtle one's are mmmn,nice, especially the belly button.
Well sometimes a lot of piercing isn't that bad, but one I don't like very much is the one between the eyes (don't know the name for it), but I don't like that one for example.

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
Hey rollin,
man my gut feeling when it comes to girls is "RUN FOR THE HILLS... SAVE YOURSELF MATE!!!"

hahaha

jokes aside, I tend to think that the age difference will not be much of an issue. Believe me an age difference is more "socially acceptable" when the male is older so that makes things easier. I once dated a girl 6 years older than me. Attractive... but that's a different story. My point is you have to try these things.

The other thing is that if she is mature for her age, you'll get on quite well mentally I'd say (perhaps she's more mature than you :p )

To sum up I certainly would not rule it out. You're an interesting guy and there's no reason why she wouldn't be interested in you (save already having a boyfriend as you say). Sound her out. See how it goes. Give us updates! Don't hold back on asking your forum buddies for more thoughts!

Anyway, my girl has some thoughts, I'll hand the computer to her

Hey.. d. I can see that you are not taking this situation and it's corresponding moral dilemma(s) lightly, I'm glad!

This is what I'm seeing from what you've written:
YOU have a problem with her age, the fact that you need to ask other people means that YOU are questioning yourself and your standards. Is she really worth it?

Maybe she'll be the girl that turns your world up-side-down, changes your point of view on age, who redefines your boundaries when it comes to relationships. And that makes the whole experience worthwhile.

Don't die thinking "what if"! As you both get older the age gap will count for less and less, but you have to start somewhere.

k.

ok it's !Gn|T|0n again... All the best with it mate! Let us know how it goes :thup:

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
yeah get to know her and see how things go.... agree with the brisbane thing, most of the chicks there are so far up themselves, and they smoke :(

belly button peircing is where its at ;) not a fan of the labret myself...

just take it easy see how it goes, doesnt really matter on the age thing, but you wuill cop flack from your/her friends about it for sure.

if you dont like going clubbing and she does that will cause a hell of a lotr of problems.. ahh hell it does even if you both enjoy going out clubbing lol....

Cheers

Chris

1 - 20 of 288 Posts