Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, the felt lining on the roof of my AU is starting to come away just near the top of the windscreen. What is the best way to fix/reglue this item back in place. If glue is used, it will need to be a neat finish. Any ideas out there?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Aerosol spray glue. Spray it through a small hole or edge with a WD-40 like straw. Use a lint-roller to flatten it out from the inside out to the edge. Tuck edge under moulding if able. Be sure to not pull it too tight or it will start coming away in other places. The last time I had a roof-liner replaced, it cost about $100, but that was in 1992.

·
old B - new B
890 Posts
most auto trimers will be able to fit new fabric and have your headlining looking like new again .
the ones around here charge about $150 - $200 i think.

·
Registered
917 Posts
BLUAU said:
Hi, the felt lining on the roof of my AU is starting to come away just near the top of the windscreen. What is the best way to fix/reglue this item back in place. If glue is used, it will need to be a neat finish. Any ideas out there?
can of spray goo will fix it , I removed the el lining altogether and glued some foam backed dark coloured velvet in , more head roof and looks quite cool ( cost about 3 hours and $60.00

1 - 4 of 4 Posts