Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone able to comment on fitting DBA longlife gold drilled and slotted rotors and Bendix Premium pads to replace the factory crap on my AU XR8. General use only guys!! I've got really small and light feet!!

M

·
0 Posts
No questions asked, go for it! :) You'll find that even for "general use", you'll have greater bite and better pedal feel from the new setup. The only downside is that their not as responsive as the stockers when icy cold, but they don't take long to get working. A good cost-effective upgrade! :)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I would like to suggest a kit from cebco. More expensive and if it is a series one you need the spindals changed but it is all part of the kit. The fronts are 330 with 16 slots. Painted the calies red to match the genuine Tickford ones. I looked at the same package you talk of and decided I needed the twin piston and bigger rotor look. It is the only thing I have against the dba rotor. They are too small and behind a descent wheel look a little silly. Just my opinion though!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just for interest any idea of cost on the Cebco package, it is an AU series 1. I think I'll stick with the DBA's for the type of performance that I'm expecting. Is this type of upgrade easy to perform or best left to the experts.

A

·
0 Posts
Bit late in responding...but...
I drive an EL 6 Cyl (Hard driving/braking) and hav fitted DBA slotted frt & rr Rotors with Bendix Ultimates, as they are very simmilar to the OEM friction material. Bed the rotors and pads in correctly and u will never look back. I got 75,000km out of a set of DBA rotors unlike the 30k out of the OEM rotors. If any one needs more info you can email me on.
[email protected]
Be good

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
HSE2
Like the sound of your brake upgrade, Where did you get them from??
Can i ask how much????
any websites with pics???

Cheers
Rob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts