Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 250 super duty and I'm having some trouble getting it to run smoothly...the 5.4 had a small skip when I first got it but ran great,when I ran the code it said number 6 cylinder misfire and cats also came up.since then I've replaced plug and coil pack on number 6 and went straight pipe with deletes on the two back o2 sensors.i still don't have the power I should and it has started backfiring a little.im at a loss and need some help guys. Thank

·
Super Moderator
9,213 Posts
Could be an air leak or an injector. How long have the new plugs been in? If they have any run time, #6 may tell you something. No other codes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Could be an air leak or an injector. How long have the new plugs been in? If they have any run time, #6 may tell you something. No other codes?
I haven't had the truck long and number 6 is the only one I have replaced so far.it runs good when it's cold but once it's warm it wants to skip and miss like crazy unless your on the gas

·
Super Moderator
9,213 Posts
Sounding more like a leak, had it happen on a Pontiac, mostly affected cylinder 5. FYI, plugs can point that out:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts