Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I am having an issue with my 05 F150 that I am hoping that someone here can provide an idea that my father in law and I haven't tried yet.

When I first start up my truck, it runs fine, but after 5 to 10 minutes of driving and it getting warmed up, it will do a rough shaking when I stop and idle at traffic lights and stop signs.

Over the last month we have replaced both VCT sensors, all spark plugs, both sensors in front of engine, given it an oil change, and change an 02 sensor and the wiring harness connector that is to the truck side.

Tonight we finish it all, took it for a test drive, and we are STILL having the issue. The only difference now, is when I go to hit the brakes, the RPM needle falls down more slowly than it was. Before it would drop really fast.

Also, my RPM needle will be at 800-900 rpm in the beginning, but then whether fast or slow, drops to half way between 0 and 1k RPMs.

I did have a bunch of check engine light codes, which we have replaced everything there was a code for, and still have an issue.

Check engine light hasn't come back on just yet, so waiting for that to happen, but really getting frustrated with this truck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Since posting this, recently replaced the Throttle Body Position Sensor, but still have the same issue, once the truck gets to middle mark of temperature, it will rough idle at stops.

Checked the engine codes again, and it is giving codes for random miss fire, #3-4, bank 1 and bank 2, and a few other things. However, ALL the spark plus, VCT sensors, Fuel Injectors, and bank 1 and bank 2 sensors are all new. All less than 6 months old.

Not understanding why it keeps throwing a code for items that are less than 1 year old, and we cannot get rid of the rough idling.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts