Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can Anyone Tell Me If Ford Are Planing To Go 4x4 On The Rtv & Will They Release The R5 Ute Which Was On Display At The 2001 Sydney Motor Show.
As For The R5 Will Ford Do That They Do Best, Bring Out A Good Concept, Get Good Public Responce Then Shelve It To Collect Dust.
& Dont Bother About Public Reaction
Holden Did & Now There Starting To Outsell Ford; Which Ford Were No1 For 3yrs Running Surely That Must Say Something

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I agree mate. I would think the RTV was a fill in for what must surely be a preview of a 4x4 version although one would suspect that if so it would be TQE only (no V8).

As for the R5, I wholeheartedy agree it would have been nice to do but I suspect Uncy Geoff and crew had enough brave pills asking for 500mil from HQ!

·
Registered
244 Posts
The R5 was such a tease. They should of built it!... It would of killed the Holden Commo 4x4 Crewman.

·
Blue Blood
1,375 Posts
They R5 was an awesome concept it showed a lot of BA a long time before release! I wanted one sooo much. At the time there was something about a high ride, 4x4 220kW V8 4 seater ute with fresh water reseviour and 240V power outlet.

It was rockin :)

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
If every man and his dog suddenly go out and buy Holden Crewman utes then Ford might bring out an R5, but otherwise not much chance, and in any case highly unlikely before the next generation Falcon.

·
Registered
436 Posts
outback_ute said:
If every man and his dog suddenly go out and buy Holden Crewman utes then Ford might bring out an R5, but otherwise not much chance, and in any case highly unlikely before the next generation Falcon.
Mind you, if everyone did that, Ford would say it was a niche vehicle that everyone had bought if they wanted one, cancelling out the need for such a vehicle from Ford. See: Monaro success ---> 2 door Falcon idea.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
R5 was a way better looking device than Crewman/Coss8 as well.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Nobby said:
Mind you, if everyone did that, Ford would say it was a niche vehicle that everyone had bought if they wanted one, cancelling out the need for such a vehicle from Ford. See: Monaro success ---> 2 door Falcon idea.
D'oh!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts