Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys l dont if this is up yet ..but rumor has it that Borg Warner is thinking of shutting up shop in Australia and moving Overseas and if this happens whats? gonna happen to FORD with their parts??? Can Mr.Polities please answer this one for us FORD FANS.

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtho4 said:
Where did you here that from Blown AU?
From a close friend of mine who works in FORD. l hope this is not true cause l'll hate what FORD will do next!

G

·
0 Posts
Blown AU said:

From a close friend of mine who works in FORD. l hope this is not true cause l'll hate what FORD will do next!
I hope your mate is wrong. :(

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
Ill ask my mate at ford Geelong when I see him this weekend if he's heard anything about this.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
About time I say!

Which Auto keeps Transmission repairers alive?! The Falcon Auto! Who builds the Falcon Auto!? Borg Warner!

They also build the diff in Falcons right? Find me an IRS AU Falcon that hasnt had some sort of problem with the diff!

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Chris's_AU said:
Blown AU how sure is your mate? [/QUOTE
My friend says its been in the air for months and that the talking of this subject is on going.

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aussie Falcon said:
Who builds the commodore auto?
Mate u DONT! want them building the autos for fords they wont last long.;)

G

·
0 Posts
Martin said:
About time I say!

Which Auto keeps Transmission repairers alive?! The Falcon Auto! Who builds the Falcon Auto!? Borg Warner!

They also build the diff in Falcons right? Find me an IRS AU Falcon that hasnt had some sort of problem with the diff!
I for one understand your point as my auto in my ED sh!t itself at 115000k's but if we have a manufacturer going overseas wouldn't that cost us more when buying a new car or new trans parts etc.?

·
86 Posts
If we are talking abou BTR at Albury who build our automatic transmissions, we are not aware of any plans for them to move offshore.As far as we are aware they have a continuing business here in Australia.

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
Aussie Falcon said:
Who builds the commodore auto?
Its an inhouse GM job as I understand, fully imported (with the V6 & V8's) from the USA.
Commode is an Aussie car though!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts