Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
XR Wannabee
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been a fair bit of discussion lately about the possibility of a DOHC turbo 6 being introduced with the next XR range.

I have heard of the Krogdahl twin cam head so I am sure it wouldn't take too much work to get something similar to that in to production.

Does anyone know if this is going to be confirmed or are we still just working on rumours?

p.s. Please let it be true!! :nuts:
 

·
T5 Expert Operator
Joined
·
6,540 Posts
Well what i do kow is Ford have been muckin around with the DOHC head since the intro of teh OHC for the EA. Infact the engine was initally designed for teh DOHC, but costs etc let SOHC lead the path. I reckon it's not a question whether ford has made it or not, it's just a matter of when.
And soon it will be IMO.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
There are a lot of different and conflicting views as to what will appear in regards to the inline 6 for the AV. The only way we will know for sure is when they are released. Remember when the AU was in development there were apparently Turbo sixes reported to be running around yet we haven't seen any evidence of one. All will be revealed when the car is launched.

Can't Wait!!!!! :D
 

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
Joined
·
190 Posts
Lets just say that it is rumour..............but then again if they, the Dark Side, didn't know by now, they wont check here, actually, it is fact...........

Jas
 

·
gone
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
VilkasMaximus said:
Lets just say that it is rumour..............but then again if they, the Dark Side, didn't know by now, they wont check here, actually, it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
it is fact...........
Jas
Sorry had to amend you statement so i can print it off to get the finance pre-approved
 

·
Future XR Owner
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
Ford had turbo sixes running around before AU was launched!

On the DOHC issue, I have read that they have also had the DOHC in development for ages but they say its worse on fuel economy than the current OHC engine. I don't know if this is true though.
 

·
XR Wannabee
Joined
·
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RedHotXR8... Anything to back this up?

No offense but this is why I put up the thread, I hear a lot of people saying its happening or that they have heard this or that, but I want to know if anyone has got any proof?

I suppose the only way we are gonna find out is when we hear it from the men in charge.
 

·
Future XR Owner
Joined
·
2,245 Posts
redhotxr8,

If you have the facts about this please, we'd love to know, but email or Personal Messaging is the preferred way if its facts we're dealing with.

We are lucky that Geoff Polites and David Flint visit and contribute to the forum, so lets keep them happy and keep the good stuff off the public board;)
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
JEM said:
but email or Personal Messaging is the preferred way if its facts we're dealing with.
For Sure. As I've stated before, anything concrete that doesn't go to email or icq will be removed post haste. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
What are you hiding, do you think Mr Polites and Mr Flint really that worried about what you blokes are saying.

They use this forum as a means of judging opinoin. It is shortsighted to take the attitude you are with this approach, like being in a secret society.

I thought this was supposed to be an open forum where the exchange of ideas was to the benefit of everbody. Any open minded person would use this type of forum to make decisions in relation to future purchases you might even get LS1 people buying Fords.

Just my 2 cents.
 

·
Saving for a BA XR6t
Joined
·
171 Posts
I doubt the people working at Ford want all their plans\prototypes revealed prematurely. That's understandable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
170 Posts
Your right about that, but then if they where serious how come all these facts are out and about.

If Ford really want it kept secret it would be.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
VX SS said:
What are you hiding, do you think Mr Polites and Mr Flint really that worried about what you blokes are saying.

They use this forum as a means of judging opinoin. It is shortsighted to take the attitude you are with this approach, like being in a secret society.

I thought this was supposed to be an open forum where the exchange of ideas was to the benefit of everbody. Any open minded person would use this type of forum to make decisions in relation to future purchases you might even get LS1 people buying Fords.

Just my 2 cents.
This is more a respect thing. These people are good enough to sometimes come and talk to us. Disclosing future product information is a very serious thing especially if the info is from a Ford source or employee. No one wants someone to lose a job or anything like that. I know it sounds like we might be up ourselves or a secret society but it is something we made a decision to do a long time ago. It is an open forum but people are mindful of what is at stake and it is Fords whish that information not be passed in public like this. How knows our trust might be rewarded at a latter date;)
 

·
gone
Joined
·
10,402 Posts
HSE2 said:


This is more a respect thing. These people are good enough to sometimes come and talk to us. Disclosing future product information is a very serious thing.....
Thats why some of us use ICQ.:nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:
 

·
T5 Expert Operator
Joined
·
6,540 Posts
Yeah i'm with you on that one HSE2, any news on upcomming engines models, etc should be kept to email and icq for people who have it. :D :D
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top