Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey fellas if you dont mind could yous please post your rwkw and list the mods they have cheers (just after a few idears and to see what mods give what power)

·
R/E Agent with "ATTITUDE"
111 Posts
Herrod Stroker (lower comp pistons for blower)
Dual 2 1/2 exauhst
Motec M800
Powerdyne supercharger (only pushing 4psi)

and so far the car is making 299.9rwkw's...... but i have been told to expect at least 350+rwkw's when i put the Vortech/Turbo pushing 8psi!

Hope this is what u wanted

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey mate exactly what im after if you dont mind and if im game enough what sorta dollars did this set up set you back for the stroker /blower and what car is it on cheers for the info and good luck with the vortechblower

·
111 Posts
hahaha well thats a good question!!!
ummm i did it all in stages so that cost me alot more then if i did it all in 1 go....
but the 1st stage was, cam,exauhst,chip an i got 165rwkw's (aprox $8000)
2nd stage, powerdyne supercharger push 8psi an got 240+rwkw's (aprox $8000)
3rd stage, engine rebuild stroked 270rwkw's (aprox $15,000)
4th stage, motec M800 299.9rwkw's (approx $5,500)

So yeah thats about it..... hope this helps ya!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wow thats alot of money spent what was your motor stroked to and thanks this is a big help oh and what car is this monsterous package in

·
111 Posts
ummmmm it was stroked to a 5.7 i think or a 5.6
but it is in a AUIIXR8...... but like i said it would of cost alot less if it was all done in 1 go........ give Rob a call he will give u a straight answer! an i would recomend him!!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok sounds like a plan did he fit your charger or did it get done elsewhere thanks very much for the info

·
111 Posts
yea all the work was done by herrods!!!
and i can honestly say..... that they would have to be the best people to deal with.....if u have a question, or got a problem with the car, they are always great!!!
The only thing on the car that hasnt been done by herrods is the Motec and that is only because my brother helped me out with that!!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea well they do come highly recommended but i live in syd so hard to get the car there and back to do the mods but i'll seriously consider them, well goodluck with your car mate thankz for your help and go smoke em (and burn some rubber for all the ford fans out there)

·
111 Posts
hahahaha will do mate!!!!
at the moment im my son has made quite alot of calls... becuase we are considering a twin turbo set up for the car!!! n i have been told to expect at least 800rwhp! but it will cost a heck of alot of money! im looking at $30,000+ but have been told if im siting at 120k's n floor the right foot.... the wheels will just be spining!! n i like the thought of that 1!!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh mate dont say that i might evn think of doin that setup if i caould ever afford it wheelspin at 120k's mmmmmmmm sweet

·
FPV Tasmania Member
961 Posts
would love to know if anyone has had their T3 5.6 lt stroked Windor on the dyno. I know Flywheel kw is reported at 250 kw, just interested in what rwkw is. Mineis going on the dyno in 3 weeks, just wondering what I can expect.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Remember Ford recomend 500 H.P on there std H.O blokes..R302 / Dart bloke required over 500 h.p..
376 rwkw at 12 Lp
270 rwkw/800nm at 7 Lp for street, durability etc..
.."N/A" Heads, inlet, cam,Cobra conversion.. $5000.00
180 rwkw [alot of $ for gain in power]

"Turbo's" fitted two single 300 ZX turbos,[T3's] intercooler, ceramic coated pipes,Haltech $7000.00
[without Haltech and ceramic coating under $5k...

·
Registered
992 Posts
Dynos

There are just too many dodgy dyno readings around to make a comparison valid. And now they have thrown "shoot out mode" into the equation to make things even worse.

I know the "real" numbers my car put out, but i can only speculate as to what they would be today.

I just want to know why i beat cars by half a track length at the strip that supposedly have more power than me.

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
I got a dissappointing 115rwkw recently. Thats with a two stuffed oxy sensors, dodgy harmonic balancer, and bent dizzy.
When I get these things sorted out I'll dyno it again and hopefully it will be a little better.
Damn crusty E7 heads and stock intake dont help either. I'll do something about that at a later date. The car is currently pushing 168,000k's so I reckon she's a little tired. Maybe time for a rebuild or a crate motor from the states. mmmmmmmm :wnc:

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Re: Dynos

I know the "real" numbers my car put out, but i can only speculate as to what they would be today.

I just want to know why i beat cars by half a track length at the strip that supposedly have more power than me.[/QUOTE]
-------------------------
That is quite possible due to engine being built for top end power where the dyno reads max / top end or what we take notice of. An engine with a way crazzy cam with tall final drive especially...Notice even Ford went shorter ratio diff as power increased...And DRIVER !!! makes em faster...

I'v been to several dyno's and numbers within 1%...

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Re: Dynos

I just want to know why i beat cars by half a track length at the strip that supposedly have more power than me.[/QUOTE]
-------------------------
That is quite possible due to engine being built for top end power where the dyno reads max / top end or what we take notice of. An engine with a way crazzy cam with tall final drive especially...Notice even Ford went shorter ratio diff as power increased...And DRIVER !!! makes em faster...

I'v been to several dyno's and numbers within 1%...

·
3FB Educator!
527 Posts
Car is EL2 XR8 auto.
TFS heads,1.7 roller rockers and street inlet manifold.
Cat back dual 2 1/2 exhaust and a K&N filter.
Had 155.5kw at the clubs dyno day.
I am soon to fit 75mm mass air meter,
24lb injectors, adjustable fuel regulator and a 255lph fuel pump.

·
Registered
3,657 Posts
5.7 Herrod stroker (334 ci) - 70mm TB and the balance stock on a AU1 T-Series 200 kw motor.

Stock rwkw = 121
Stroked only = 156
+ TB = 176 rwkw

main gain was in torque especially at the bottom end.
Total cost $7500.

Cheers
Russ

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Hey just a query, How hard would it be to install an AU XR8 motor into an EB XR8?

Reason why I ask is when my motor decides to go, I want to look at all the options, from a total rebuild to putting in another motor from a later model 5ltr.

I'm just curious.

1 - 20 of 215 Posts