Ford Forums banner

201 - 215 of 215 Posts

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
Show us ya mods !!!
It's not easy getting top power with efi as the ecu generally needs either re tuned or replaced to correct low vacuum at idle,high flo in upper rev range etc...Then run on ulp....

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Racer im not sure who you are trying to have a little dig at here but anyways if its me heres my reply to you Seriously what dyno would you like my car to be run on? Name any dyno in perth and ill take the car there. I have figures from Dyno dynamics and Dynojet dyno? 315rwHP at dyno dynamics and 325 at Dynojet.

If you do your research here you will also see that you cant really compare these engines in a T3 to a "STD" engine? 82mm throttle body? COmpletely new in take manifold design?

Even with the seriers 1 Au 5.0 i made 260 rwHP with me porting the P heads crow cam and T seriers headers and intake filter box mod and exhust. STD intake manifold and throttle body.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
347 said:
Firefox.........In no way I am having a go at you,I have allways wanted a hi reving hi hp 289 !
I would love to have a look at your car.

I know that.....I'm just going off figures of the dyno i had been done after the engine had been rebuilt. I did say in the original post that the dyno readings do vary from one dyno to the next....so i went off 0-100 times as a better guide. All the parts and materials used, apart from the heads where imported from the U.S. The heads were heavily modded in sydney by superflow and had the works done...as well as the GT-40p upper and lower inlets. All up the engine cost 21k to build....or 25k if you add the exhaust. As i said big money has been spent. As far as drivability goes.....it is all mid and topend pwr. The bottom end has suffered so off the lights it's a little slow. Still lights the bags no probs....but i'm still haven't changed the stall converter yet so i'm still running the stock one. Drivability will be much better when i put in the right stall converter but i am looking at a tremec 5 speed...just waiting for one to be available from mal woods. I've had it well off the clock (220kph max read in the ghia)....but after 220 kph it was still pulling real hard and was in no way running out of puff....only backed off maybe at 240 - 260 because vibration from the tailshaft was being felt. I'm quite happy with it....it'll do for now.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
EDXR8 said:
With the mods you listed though, 269rwkw seems quite a bit over the top unless there are a few mods you are keeping quiet about or you have managed to get a great combo together. I would have been thinking 269fwkw's, not rwkw's from that engine would be about right. Also as far as I know, SVO don't make 75mm throttle bodies or 28lb injectors either. But with that cam and the other mods, I would imagine it would sound awesome.

Svo did have a range of bigger than standard throttle bodies and bigger injectors purley for the off road mustang racing breed in the states but were not easily obtainable to the general public. Just have to no the right people to get the gear.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Firefox when you do your convertor all your problems should be solved. All those little problems you have should easily dissapear. Im suprised you havent done it yet!!!!.

My ute ran a Cam motion cam from the USA and had 282 and 292 degrees @ .050 .790 and .815 lift
roller cam and 14.5.1 comp. I ran a 8 inch domintor conv on the street and that gave 5000 rpm stall . Was real nice on the street :).. I miss that comb!!!

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Maniac said:
Firefox when you do your convertor all your problems should be solved. All those little problems you have should easily dissapear. Im suprised you havent done it yet!!!!.

My ute ran a Cam motion cam from the USA and had 282 and 292 degrees @ .050 .790 and .815 lift
roller cam and 14.5.1 comp. I ran a 8 inch domintor conv on the street and that gave 5000 rpm stall . Was real nice on the street :).. I miss that comb!!!

yeah i know......the reason why is because i'm more tempted to put in a manual box....but a T5 will last about 2 minutes...need a tougher box like a tremec but they are harder to come by. Mal woods in queensland does the odd 6 speed conversion on the te's and ba gt's and am waiting for one to become available. If i did put a stall converter in i really need a 2500 -2800 stall...because the cam really comes on strong at around 3000 rpm. With the current standard stall converter of around 1780 rpm....i have like a lag effect...but i soughta like in some ways because when the cam kicks in it feels like a turbo kicking in and she goes like a rocket.

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
347 said:
Big compression,big cam around the 268/272 @.050,not street friendly at all,it was kidney belt material.
Ford Motorsport X303 Camshaft 286 intake 286 exhaust @.50 ,
.542 intake .542 exhaust

These are my cam specs....thats why it stalls..farts...and has to idle high.....but goes like all hell.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Um fire fox those duration figures you quoted are actually initial duration not .050 thou figures i think you will find the duration @ .050 thou is actually 224 and that really is not that radical

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Std camshafts fitted to the T3 is 210 @ .050 and the one i fitted to the series 1 i had with std auto and converter was [email protected] .050. Once you get around the 219 @ .050 region you will start to have problems with the auto. The new cam going in my T3 with the Ally Pro heads is just under the 219 mark but .565 lift. This should work ok with the std puter.

The 5.0 seriers one i had the 216 cam was fine

·
No stars in my eyes
1,014 Posts
Maniac said:
Um fire fox those duration figures you quoted are actually initial duration not .050 thou figures i think you will find the duration @ .050 thou is actually 224 and that really is not that radical
hehehe...lol.....

Wondered how long it would take for someone to catch on.....roflmao

i just quickly cut and pasted it from a website to give some idea of the cam specs i'm using as a reference to those whom are curious. It is not the true specs that i'm using....that i will not give away....I cant give away all my little secrets...lol...but i wouldn't go any bigger unless i could completley change the ECU but i can't because i won't have cruise or climate control or trip comps etc...

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
oze50 said:
ed xr8 pod 21/2 cat back. 127rwkw parklands
What heads and manifold did the ED XR8 have? Was that figure achived in shoot-out mode? If so, why is it more than mine ? :fraz:

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
!Gn|T|0n said:
What heads and manifold did the ED XR8 have? Was that figure achived in shoot-out mode? If so, why is it more than mine ? :fraz:

Wot exactly do you mean by shootout mode???????
I have heard the term before, but in several contexts, can you please clarify this for me.

Oh, and sorry for the minor hijack of the thread too. :)

·
do YOU have rubber?
2,357 Posts
shootout mode on a Dyno Dynamics Dyno takes a number of parameters into consideration when calculating power output for example a temperature probe is placed in the intake duct and tyre pressures are measured etc. They claim that on a recent test of QLD dynos, the same car on different days and under different conditions achieved a max deviation of 1rwkw or so on different dynos using shootout mode. This is the best way to compare power outputs on a dyno.

201 - 215 of 215 Posts