Ford Forums banner

81 - 100 of 215 Posts

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
286rwhp = 200rwkw
185rwhp = 138rwkw

The 138rwkw from an manual EL GT seems a little low, but it might just be the dyno. Also, diff ratio should have no effect on power readings.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Those figures you gave us for your el gt, is that horse power or kilowats beacause you have stated rwhp, ( horse power ) and the figures you gave us seem a little low.

·
Run the red, Run the risk
139 Posts
rwkw from your windsor

Just had my 347 rebuilt, dynoed and tuned for running in and it put out 232.6 rwkw @ 5000rpm. My mods are-
Scat crank
Manley rods
Venolia pistons
Trickflow R series heads (port & polish)
BIG valves
secret grind cam
Trickflow manifold
and its set up for a 250hp shot of giggle gas!

·
Got Blown
159 Posts
Hi EDXR8,
thanks for the conversion!
and a friend of mine gained 22hp at the wheels in his stock el by droping the ratio from 2.72 - 3.45 and was tested on the same dyno.
I didnt belive it untill i seen it done, the dyno operator said that changing the final drive from 1.1:1 will change the true hp readout, thats why a dyno run is done in top gear (not overdrive or 5th)
the car dont make anymore power it just tricks the dyno as it gets the power to the ground quicker.

·
NOS + Boost = Fun
278 Posts
Re: Re: rwkw from your v8 windsors

MR GT said:
Hi EDXR8,
thanks for the conversion!
and a friend of mine gained 22hp at the wheels in his stock el by droping the ratio from 2.72 - 3.45 and was tested on the same dyno.
I didnt belive it untill i seen it done, the dyno operator said that changing the final drive from 1.1:1 will change the true hp readout, thats why a dyno run is done in top gear (not overdrive or 5th)
the car dont make anymore power it just tricks the dyno as it gets the power to the ground quicker.
I had 3 different diff ratios in the back of me EBII 4.0l. I had a 3.23 open centre, 3.45 L.S.D. and 3.7 L.S.D. Used the std diff housing, axles, same wheels, just changed the centre in each case, and i did not ket 1HP difference in the dyno. I think the dyno operator in this case might be a little inexperienced in what he is doing.
All these changes were done with 2 weeks, and the car was not modified in any way shape or form.

·
345kw of V8 Windsor Power
2,784 Posts
If the correct values are entered in to the dyno and the mechanic knows what he is doing, you should not see any hp increase by just changing the ratio.

·
OFR #7
322 Posts
EDXR8 said:
If the correct values are entered in to the dyno and the mechanic knows what he is doing, you should not see any hp increase by just changing the ratio.
Correct!

MR GT, Are you sure you aren't talking about torque readings on a chassis dyno, which will vary with axle ratio, tyre diameter, gearbox ratio etc.???

·
Got Blown
159 Posts
Sorry guys,
I was only going off what the opperator told me, as im new to the dyno world.
But I can see what yous are saying and it sounds more realistic, maybe I need a new operator that takes the time to enter the propper driveline specs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
A little off the topic, but whatever.
MR. GT, i notice that you have an auto. Have you done any modifications to it to help it withstand the extra power/torque ? If so what did you do, where, cost etc please.

Thanks

·
Got Blown
159 Posts
No its still the standard auto the only mods done to it were the ones Tickford done to the GT boxes, Which were to solve a few oiling problems to bearrings.
It held up for a little while its just starting to slip from second to third now.

·
Lion Poacher
57 Posts
rwkw

I have the 185kw motor in my ute, with just ss inductions cold air induction $350, uni-filter $70, H&M extractors with twin 2 1/2" stainless exhaust with crossover (xbox) $2400 for a total of $2810 got me 166.8rwkw.
An extra $1980 for the oznos nitrous kit installed got me 247.5rwkw.

So all up not that much has been spent for a pretty good gain.
All rwkw were done in shootout mode in 4th.

Cheers

Trav.

·
Life in the fast lane!!
108 Posts
Hi, recently joined forums.
Gotta say there's plenty of interesting stuff going on here.
See my sig. for my rides details.

·
boosted sleeper
4,575 Posts
Welcome FUSE, sounds like you got a nice setup there.

You taken it down the the 1/4 yet?

·
Life in the fast lane!!
108 Posts
1/4 mile

blueoval

Yeah it's a pretty sweet setup in my opinion, T56 & 4.11's make it such an enjoyable car to drive no mater what the conditions.

Nah unfortunately I haven't been down the 1/4

My new bottom end and tailshaft will be in the car and running by mid next week at the latest hopefully.
So as soon as it's run in and dyno'd I'll be looking at getting it to a Calder 'street meet'

Would have been nice to have a comparison down the 1/4 as well as the b4 and after dyno sheets though.

·
Life in the fast lane!!
108 Posts
Pics

No worries i'll post results once complete.

No pics at the moment, don't have any on this PC.
Probably try and sort something out on the weekend and see if I can work out how to set up a web link. You can do that somewhere here on forums... yeah???

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
welcome mate ride sounds awsome the t56 is the box in the newer fords right how does it compare to the old ed-ef box and if you dont mind what sorta dollars did the motor cost you and the drivetrain conversion

·
Registered
455 Posts
Hey fuse sounds like a nice ride, my ride is similar but with a few little differences. When you decide to take it down to calder give me a hoy and hopefully i will have my car back and give ya a bit of friendly compitition. whats the T56 like, is it a easy change over, i imagine it would be, would not mind it in my ED XR8, but would a T56 make my car slower down the 1/4????

Cheers

81 - 100 of 215 Posts
About this Discussion
214 Replies
49 Participants
BlownV8
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing