121 - 140 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Ok well I developed an exhust package and air box mod and filter change
fpr the T3 TE 50(I love em) Best car i ever bought

Std KW at the tyres was 206(282 hp and 315 ftp of torque)at the tyres

now at the tyres 232 kw(325 hp and 352 ftp of torque)at the tyres

Soon to fit Pro action heads and new cam. Followed by new block ect and twin turbos

Thats a manual car btw. and the total cost so far for mods is $1850.00

Hope that helps yous

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
dam u dont want to give me ur motor for 1850 do ya, i always allowed 25% for drvie train loss u must only have 20% if ur getting 206rwkw and to gain 26rwkw just from a filter and a zorst shat not a bad gain so with a new cam and ignition leads like on another post i could easily get 250rwkw with a t3 spec 5.6L 347ci, oh and if you want to sell the motor ill consider buying it

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Think i will keep the engine for putting it back to std one day..u never know the last car too come from the factory with a windsor might actually be worth a little one day..

DID i mention thats with the STD ceramic coated headers aswell.

Also i didnt just change the filter i added another inlet to the air box .Went from 400 cfm 575 cfm with filter. Still isnt quite enough though

You mentioned leads i didnt see anything on that.. wanna fill me on?

Cam is a crow thats going in. From memory the cams that ford used in these are 210 duration @ .050 and 475 lift with 1.7 rockers.(also crow) 115 lobe sep.

Im usen one thats 218 @ .050 and .565 lift and same lobe sep.

Heads im using are Pro action. 200cc intake runner 2.3 minimum cross sectional area. 2.020 intake 1.600 exhust

STD before porting they flow this @ .100 thou incraments
INT
73 155 210 241 259 277 283
EX
67 116 156 188 205 210 214

Ill give the ported figures to you all ina couple of days when im finished.
Note at .500 thou lift they are allready flowing over 530 HP

For thos eof you who dont know how to work out power versus flow @ 28 inches get the cfm and times it by .257 and them times number of cylinders= the horsepower that the head flows.

tah tah

·
Life in the fast lane!!
108 Posts
Dyno graph

Mr Sparkle, no dyno graph as yet, it's still being tuned, but will certainly post one once we're complete.
Actually I'll post my graph from when the engine was only a 5.0, it's not a bad looking graph, you can also see how screwed my stock engine was when it went it.

XRQTOR, umm yeah crap loads... if you include box, diff, thermos, radiator and everything I have done, it's still cheaper than a new XR8.

The bottom end is the expensive bit but it is virtually bullet proof, buying a cast crank (eg Scat 9000 series) and retaining std block would have saved a bit of cash, but then there would always be that little devil in the back of my mind saying... "go on rev it!! I want to see you put a rod through your block...."

·
Life in the fast lane!!
108 Posts
Dyno Graph

Oops, just realised the graph is in my car so I can't scan it to post, D'oh.

Mr Sparkle, on your graph what RPM did you go up to? Is it Limited at 5500?

·
Own the road
997 Posts
Maniac said:
Ok well I developed an exhust package and air box mod and filter change
fpr the T3 TE 50(I love em) Best car i ever bought

Std KW at the tyres was 206(282 hp and 315 ftp of torque)at the tyres

now at the tyres 232 kw(325 hp and 352 ftp of torque)at the tyres

Soon to fit Pro action heads and new cam. Followed by new block ect and twin turbos

Thats a manual car btw. and the total cost so far for mods is $1850.00

Hope that helps yous
Sounds great..
Any pics and info on these mods...
what mods did you make to the air box ?
Did you use a K&N filter or something else ?
What exhaust mods did you make ?
Has it changed the sound at all ?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to do something to my T3 but don't know what to do yet and the small mods you have made have given you great results...

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Without sounding to silly i cant give to much away because im in the middle of getting the air box parts moulded for sale and the exhust being made for off the shelf purchase. I wills say this.

Exhust is twin mandrel bent front to rear and sounds GREAT no DRONE runs std cats but we mod the inlet and outlet. Uses stainless Ultra flow mufflers. Like i said std headers still but slightly modded

Air box reguires NO HOLES being bored into inner guards ect and is still full cold air induction. The adding of that was just over 12 HP at the tyres.

Air filters im getting direct from the US and air a Holley but that ownly made 2 hp. Main reason for still using them is the cost is still worth it considering its a reusable part that will Last years. The paper ones are very pricey and are stuffed in 10000 kms.

As for the rest well when heads and cam and go on and in ill post HP and sheet over std for you all.

Biggest hurdle is making sure the engine looses no LOW end torque as with the mods i have done they pull like a train.

As a comparison for you the my car makes more torque at the tyres @ 3000rpm then a 300kw Gen III GTS makes at FULL TORQUE.

I cant afford to loose that with the head and cam package.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #129 (Edited)
Quote from noddy in RE Dyno post (As i said in my earlier post i know of a manual Te50 that has 222rwkw with just an exhaust and ignition leads change)

well thats not bad at all and 250rwkw isnt to far off now so it shouldnt cost an arm an a leg like i was expecting

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
As i said in my earlier post i know of a manual Te50 that has 222rwkw with just an exhaust and ignition leads change

not bad at all 250rwkw aint going to be hard to reach from here

·
Life in the fast lane!!
108 Posts
5.0Lt Dyno graph

Here 'tis,
Found the dyn graph from my 5.0lt build, so here it is.
5.6 is currently at [email protected] a shade over 5000rpm and still has more dyno tuning to go yet, but for the moment I've got it back for the weekend for a little fun, albeit limited at 5000.

Attachments

·
Own the road
997 Posts
Maniac said:
Air box reguires NO HOLES being bored into inner guards etc and is still full cold air induction. The adding of that was just over 12 HP at the tyres.
So the air box mod gave you 12HP, how much did the exhaust give you,
or is the 12HP gain from the exhaust and air box mod ?

Maniac said:
Air filters im getting direct from the US and air a Holley but that ownly made 2 hp. Main reason for still using them is the cost is still worth it considering its a reusable part that will Last years. The paper ones are very pricey and are stuffed in 10000 kms.
Have you compared these to the K&N ones ?

Maniac said:
As a comparison for you the my car makes more torque at the tyres @ 3000rpm then a 300kw Gen III GTS makes at FULL TORQUE.
So how much torque is that ?

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
*Makes Simon get DYno folder out*
LOL
Ok here we go. FIrst Mod was exhaust. Horsepower went from 282 at the tyres to 294. Then re design exhaust again and it went to 305 at the tyres.

Next I did the air box mod. That went from 305 to 317 horsepower at the tyres. Then air filter added 2 :( yes sad but true.that then made the 319.

Then i removed inlet manifold and did a couple hours porting. Port match was perfect so it was all in the upper section of the manifold. 319 to 325 hp.(Yes sorry did forget to mention the inlet manifold before)

I didnt use a K&N because i didnt find one that suited the mustang style air pod used in the T-3 though if there is one im sure its fine.

Torque @3000rpm in my car is 325 ftps.

From 1500rpm its 290 ftps and at 2000 is 300 , 2500 is 310, 3000 is 325
3500 is 340, 4000 is 345, 4350(peak torque) 353.8. 4500 is 350, 5000 is 330 ftps. Hope that helps you.

The few manuals ive done have gone from around the 280 ish mark and all ended up with mid to hight teens (314 to 319) with exhaust and airbox.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
i must agree there gotta lov that bluprint t series in front but kool looking car mate

·
XR8 Owner
545 Posts
cheers, that ts50 is tidy(it has niiiice simmons on it too!), those pictures were taken at the recent SA xr8&xr6 club dyno day...

there was some awesome cars there, a ba gt, a nuts xr6t, a 181rwkw elxr8 among others....

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
I have a friend that has an AUII XR8 (200kw) that has 187 rwkw naturally aspirated. (Slipper on the forums), i'm pretty sure he has mentioned it on here before but itwas proven in front of me the other weekend

121 - 140 of 215 Posts