Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need info on RX-7 calipers and if they will fit in PGT OEM location.

·
Mazda MX6 Member
1 Posts
it has been done, but i have to do some more research before i can find out what's involved exactly.

·
Probe SE driver
99 Posts
are the RX-7 calipers Dual Piston or just larger in general? otherwise, what would make them better? If they are dual piston and would bolt of with ease, i'd prolly be looking for some right now! I'm curious on this also though.

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
They're dual piston calipers.

My question is, can you do this with an ABS equipped car?

·
Probe SE driver
99 Posts
ABS would have no effect on it.... you would not be tapering with the ABS ring or sensor. the question is will they bolt up physically.

what size rotors are on the front of the RX-7 anyway? I'm sure we're talking about 3G RX-7's right?

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sure it would not bolt up physically, a bracket would have to be fabricated. my question is, are they physically about the same size? Now that I think about it, they just might work. Felipe has a set of RX-7 wheels on his PGT with no clearance problems, so why wouldn't a set of calipers work from a RX-7? *research* :1read:

·
"oh, you were racing?"
118 Posts
PSE driver said:

what size rotors are on the front of the RX-7 anyway? I'm sure we're talking about 3G RX-7's right?
I'm not sure about the 3rd gens, but the 2nd gen rotors are still quite a bit bigger than a PGT's. Way thicker too. Don't overloook the 2nd gens, calipers from them would still be an upgrade, and they might have a better chance of fitting. Who knows. Look at all possibilities.

·
Probe SE driver
99 Posts
HDP said:
I'm sure it would not bolt up physically, a bracket would have to be fabricated. my question is, are they physically about the same size? Now that I think about it, they just might work. Felipe has a set of RX-7 wheels on his PGT with no clearance problems, so why wouldn't a set of calipers work from a RX-7? *research* :1read:
Dunno how much I'd want to fabricate a bracket on my brakes. Something i'm kinda leary of. If someone or you Don made something, I'd like to see it. I wonder if we can get over to an RX-7 site and get some of those guys to get some measurements and such from us. they'd be able to tell us there rotor size, etc.

·
DESIGN is my LIFE
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
AUTOZONE!!! We can actually go and ask to see a RX-7 caliper and a PGT side by side. But as far as fabracating a bracket, all aftermarket calipers require one to fit, so it would be only natural to make one for a custom job like this.

·
Probe SE driver
99 Posts
HDP said:
AUTOZONE!!! We can actually go and ask to see a RX-7 caliper and a PGT side by side. But as far as fabracating a bracket, all aftermarket calipers require one to fit, so it would be only natural to make one for a custom job like this.

I'm actually off today, If i can get through with some side work i'm doing i'll try and make a run up there. I'll post this afternoon if i manage to get up there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts