Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Distinguishable by its unique mesh grille — and by its supercharged 400-hp 4.2-liter V-8 — this is no ordinary S-Type.

Jaguar will be introducing this all-new S-Type R to the world in January at the North American (Detroit) International Auto Show. Jaguar fans will immediately notice this R is missing its signature hood vents, but sources tell us they’re not necessary and consumers would rather do without on this performance sedan. One minor change from these photographs – the chrome trim will likely be black.

Other noticeable changes include a new front bumper with a large air intake, auxiliary lamps and a lowered ride height with a multiple-mode suspension. Low profile tires and 18-inch wheels, along with new badging integrated into the grille, round out the new look.

story posted 11/26/01

Brenda Priddy & Company

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Be good to see some times for it. Needs a bit more in the looks dept for me. Still looks kinda funny in the rear end..

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
how would it go against an M5? Still looks pretty pov to me. I mean it doesn't do anything for me in the looks department.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cobra said:
how would it go against an M5? Still looks pretty pov to me. I mean it doesn't do anything for me in the looks department.
No it is certainly another one of those cars that look better in the metal. Like all Jags they carry a certain proise.

G

·
I would take that over an M5 simply because it's more exclusive.

Jaguar has a more classy stance in my opinion :shrug:

But since I'm a poor college student don't worry about seeing one in my driveway anytime soon (not to mention they'll never bring anything that nice to the us :sad:)

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Probe 2C said:
I would take that over an M5 simply because it's more exclusive.

Jaguar has a more classy stance in my opinion :shrug:

But since I'm a poor college student don't worry about seeing one in my driveway anytime soon (not to mention they'll never bring anything that nice to the us :sad:)
What model Jags do come to the US?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts