Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys thought i'd give you the heads up on this years Holden v Ford show looks like it will be a ripper show with some big names coming across.

Once again we will see Eddie Tassone's killer VH on the dyno with expectations of 1500hp run(i know it's a Commie but who cares 1000+rwhp is 1000 rwhp)

The APS XR6 Turbo will also be on the dyno with over 800HP expected(not bad for a TQE) We will also see the Ford v Holden shootout(on both days)between the Herrod XR8 and the Starr Monaro, both cars are expecting over 500HP at the wheels and it should again provide some great entertainment for both camps.

The new DJR 320 will be on show for all to see as well a huge array of the top Street and Show cars in SA and interstate.

Here's hoping I can defend my crown(and my bank balance), look forward to seeing you there.

Regards

Daniel

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
to be honest i've never been to one! got some more details?

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
I'll be there for a look....

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
where.....?
time....?
cost....?

just a few minor details :)

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
offfff topic. Wtf is TQE ?

ill be there for a look.

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lol minor details, soz Barry was reading stuff off the newsletter thingy. It's Wayville showgrounds, but the newsletter doesn't say what time it opens or how much to enter, i've checked the website and it doesn't say anything there either.

I'll post it up as soon as it comes to hand, i'd expect about 12$ to enter from around 10am, but i'll get confirmation from the promoter for ya.

Regards

Daniel

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
I probably go for some Ford support! Which day is better to attend daniel?

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Doors open Friday night at 6pm, till about 10pm, Saturday & Sunday from 10am

Entry fee is $15(not including the Arena Show)

There is also the Arena spectacular on Sunday night, if you wish to attend both the show and the Arena deal(moto X, monster trucks,supercruise etc etc)then your looking at $32 all up. If you just want to go to the Arena Spectacular and not the show(who would tho?)then it's $26.

There may(and i stress may)be 1 seat available in my car for the supercruise, so if your there at the time you'll get the nod if there is room. I may require some assitance to wash the car after the supercruise as they want all the cars back in the pavilions as quickly as possible.

Regards

Daniel

·
Are we there yet?
1,621 Posts
I call SHOTGUN!!

hehehe, I will be at the show, and probably go to the arena show too.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
mongrel you beat me too it!!!

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Ah NO, that would be :ghey:

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well interesting show in the wash up...Have to say it was pretty disorganised with barely any of the events sticking to the schedule and alot of mis-information being thrown around. Crowds seemed like they where down on last year as well.

I thought the show was pretty damn expensive as well with absurd food and drink prices(ie $3.30 for an iced coffee)

I did win State Champion 1991 onwards, which was great, but I had to pursue the promotor for about 3 hours to actually receive my trophy.

Thanks to Jason from the Falcon car club for his assitance in setting up on Friday, and thanks also to those that attended your words of encouragement certainly kept me going when I was nearly dead on my feet.

·
boosted sleeper
4,560 Posts
Congrats on the trophy dan. Sorry I couldnt cathc up with ya. After lunch on the saturday I crashed and didnt wake up till 6pm that night.:zzz: Thats what ya get with sleep depravation. I heard from phil that the turnout was a little dissappointing. Sorry to hear that. Im hoping the All Ford Day will be better for us!

·
Serving Defect #3
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah I caught up with Phil on Saturday, I was a bit dissapointed myself to be honest, to the point where I doubt I will enter again next year.

I didnt actually spend that much time at the show once the car was finished, worked from 8am on Thurday morning till about 10pm Friday night non stop so I know all about sleep deprevation atm as well.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts