Ford Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, here it is. I dont think many of you will remember her before but she was pretty stock standard and thanks to Laminge for the body kit, the need for a set of 18" rims and a pretty handy spray painter in town this is it......

Attachments

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
Looks awsome mate! Nice wheels too!

All you need is the rest of the rear spoiler! :nuts: :D :nuts:

And some aftermarket superlow springs! Yum! :D

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, as you would know I live in the bush so dropping it on its guts won't happen, the potholes and dodgy roads are hard enough in a 4wd. Wouldn't mind the twin deck spoiler, anyone seen any for sale??

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
XR8SAM said:
Wouldn't mind the twin deck spoiler, anyone seen any for sale??
Car looks great Sam! Those wheels look like the AMG Techart Lace wheels, but not chromed... is that what they are?

There was a twin deck spoiler available from the for sale section at the xr club forum, but it was sold only a few days ago!

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Venom S said:

Car looks great Sam! Those wheels look like the AMG Techart Lace wheels, but not chromed... is that what they are?

There was a twin deck spoiler available from the for sale section at the xr club forum, but it was sold only a few days ago!
Thanks for that
The wheels are Avanti ...... cant remember, the rubber is Fulda, they're 255/35 and 265/35.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the compliments guys, Its a 12/99 AU XR8, I picked it up in January, it's an auto and done 50,000km. I'm pretty happy with the look too.

·
Registered
372 Posts
SamsXR8

Nice car mate, I have a question: It is a series 1 XR8, With a series 2 XR8 rear skirt, the question is did you have to change the rear bar to get that skrt to fit nicely because the AUII has a deeper bar than the series 1? I am interested to know because I have a series 1, but want to put a series 2 kit on it!!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Looks great, maybe just needs something to lower the front bar.

in pic 1 that looks like one mean storm coming....:eek:

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Looks sweet!:cool:

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
RATT: Further mods, mmmmm................. Exhaust, filter and window tint, as well as those front spoiler extensions and rear wing when they appear from heaven. I'll shine her up this weekend and take some decent shots when there is a bit of light and no bloody storms brewing.

AU Guy, Laminge gave me his entire rear bumper with the bodykit already fitted, I gave the other one to the repairer but when they sat side by side they looked no different at all. One thing to consider is that the rear bumper needs to be cut pretty substantially to fit the lower skirt.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Gee, what a difference! Way better than before...

Save the other mods till later and get an AU2 front end!

·
Registered
372 Posts
oh ok, yeah the AUII is definitely a bit deeper than AUI! You can tell by the fact that the AUII has a cutout in the bar for a towbar whereas the AUI does not! It just means I will have to buy the series 2 bar thats all, if i ever do it that is!! still undecided

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
RATT said:
Man, I'm jealous!!!

Planning on any further mods??
Gotta stroke it now to match the looks!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts