Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I am wanting some advice on how to pair my new mobile phone Samsung A51 to my Ford Territory. I was given this mobile as a Mothers' Day present yesterday and tried to pair it to my car today. I was unable to pair it as it did not come up as my car (Ford Territory) on the device list as it had with my previous Android phones. All I got was some unknown ip address. I was uncertain that this was in fact my car and when I tried to input the 4 digit code,it was not recognised.

I then contacted Ford Australia on their chat service and was advised my car is too old for my phone to connect!!! Like, I need to buy a newer car to use my new phone in my car. Surely this must be a software update issue. My car has low kilometres and I love my Territory and now can't use my phone. I need my phone as a tool of trade when on the road and visiting family and towing the caravan.

If you go to the Ford site, my phone is not on the dropdown list - fair enough it is a new phone but to be told I need to buy a new car - Really. I know this is a sales pitch, but I cannot afford a new car and certainly don't to update to use my new phone.

Has anyone else had similar issues and been told this? The Ford guy was helpful but to be told this, really infuriated me. I am thinking of taking my car to Ford dealership to find out if this is the case. Having my hours reduced and possibility of losing further hours is not conducive to putting myself into further debt.

Appreciate any help or advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
8,360 Posts
Does the stereo have an aux input? You won't get all the whistles and bells of the newer soft wares, but you can still listen to the phone. Other option is a new stereo that's phone compatible, look for compatibility with Android Auto.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts