Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dam.....lately it's been averaging around 110-120 degrees out here.....friggin hot, I work outside a good portion of the day too.....

Even with black windows and a windshield shade, the flames of hell roll out of my car when I open it's doors...

O

·
0 Posts
Make sure you leave a widow open just a crack! I always thought it was an old wives tale how it could get hot enough to blow out a window in a car. That was until a few weeks ago when I went to my parents farm and discovered a hole in the rear quarter window of my SHO parts car! The rest of the glass on that window was shattered too. The car was sitting outside with all the windows rolled up for a couple weeks. Now I leave a couple windows down and cover the car with a tarp.

U

·
0 Posts
HOT

I spent a year and a half, two summers in that desert. The only way I could explain it is to compare it to extreme cold. You know that feeling you get when you get up in the morning on the coldest day of winter. You run out to your car, start it up, turn up the heater and go back inside. Then when you get back inside you exhale and say damn its cold out there, or when you stand in places out of the wind. The wind there is hot like the air out of the oven. It's so miserable, just be glad your not in a tank with everything closed breathing in diesel smoke. Or in mopp level 4, gas mask with big thick heavy suit. Or with your body armor and helmet on with sweat dripping into your eyes while your trying to get the fuse out of an anti-tank mine. It's good to be a civilian!

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Marines have quite a set of big balls to do some of the things they do. While I couldn't imagine the stress of undoing a tank mine, I've been through some of the rest that you mentioned. Been gassed, sucks but I laughed through it. Got the chem gear and suit in a big bag. My job has quite a few hazards, though most aren't life threatening. While I like what I do, there's a lot of BS that goes on that pisses me off. I doubt I'll make it a career unless I go to OTS.

U

·
0 Posts
misery

Sometimes you just have to laugh to get through it. It's something your mind does when your misreable, escape the situation mentally. It relieves stress. Lot of static electricity out there too, you noticed?

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Static

I see it and get it everywhere. I'm a real easy going fellow. Over time people see this and take advantage in many ways. The most common being using me or thinking I'm a pushover so they act immaturely, almost highschool like, bullyish, talking with no respect at all like I'm a 12 year old punk. I'm glad I'm going on this much needed vacation. If things aren't different when I come back, I guess I will have to make an example out of someone if they keep it up.

I respect you a lot for serving time in the corps man. It's definetely not something just anyone can do.

·
Topaz Member
100 Posts
the heat

THat is one thing I really do not miss about New Mexico.... July - September. It's gonna get hotter, so get ready. One thing that I did to help was I bought a solar powered fan that rolls up on your window. It sounds cheezy, but you can get it at Pep Boys or Autozone. It really works, keeps the interior cooler than even tinting and the shade can.. because the air is constantly circulating.

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Packing Heat

I haven't lived through heat like this since I lived in southern Spain, where it's 120-130 at times. I grew up with heat, so I'm used to it, but it's been a few years since I've lived through it. Also over there we have beaches, where as here we have hundreds of miles of beach, just no water :CraZ:

My 1987 GLS blew the A/C compressor right when it got to Spain, so we lost A/C when we really needed it. My XR5 never had a charge. Thankfully, the 93 has ice cold A/C, :D which is really really nice especially in this weather.

That solar powered fan sounds neat, I will get one for my parents to tease them since they don't have A/C hehehe

U

·
0 Posts
dust storms

If you notice that the winds are picking up from a particular direction. Keep your car out of the wind! Also check your insurance for coverage like that it should be covered under comprehensive, but if your insurance is local, they might have a policy twords dust storms. It will sand blast your car. If you keep your eyes open you can see the dust storm coming for about 10 minutes.

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
LOL

lol....hell yea man. I bet the reaction was worth a ton of laughs. Is that you with the explosive? hehehe

1 - 11 of 11 Posts