Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In geelong heading home towards leopold, i came across a white AU 1 falcon xr6 IRS, 17 inch std wheels, light covers, had the bronze ford prototype or exec bar on the numberplate, and had a full dual 2 inch exhaust, that was brand new underneath, that came out as dual exhaust like an XR8 and it definenitly wasn't a v8, so thats a bit of air the engine is pushing out. The car seemed well worn, hard testing i suppose. I think there would have to be a few turbos running around for testing seeing they are coming out in a year. Normally Ford have no exec cars that are over 6 months old, you know, so this is obviously a test car.

Do you think I'd be right?

DOHC TuRbO, WooHooo, they should be indescribable!!! 230kw with low boost, then tweaked just a touch for an easy 280kw!!. Imagine the torque it would have also. Probably around 420 + I should think.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
You sure it was a turbo mate? Was there any indication of a turbo lurking beneath the bonnet, like hidden or visible intercoolers, or bonnet venting?

I am intrigued to say the least!! :eek: :cool: Good spotting 99!!

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am pretty sure it would have been, saw no intercooler, though they may not even have intercoolers, but with that much exhaust from a 6 cylinder, it makes you think somethings not standard, and around Geelong is where the testing is done, the you yangs is just nearby.. I would bet it was a turbo.

·
Hawthorn Supporter
1,808 Posts
Yeah? Well i saw a VX S with its bonnet up on the side of the road today and what a wonderful site it was . :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
gms00 said:
Yeah? Well i saw a VX S with its bonnet up on the side of the road today and what a wonderful site it was . :D
He was probably wondering where the hp was :D:cool:

·
Aus ls1 *********
89 Posts
gms00 said:
That's a first. A ford man calling a holden motor wonderful ;)
Nah really, He prolly just wasted an xr6 and wanted to make sure he did it on 6 cylinders and not 5.

·
Rail Rider
1,248 Posts
HRT 8 said:

Nah really, He prolly just wasted an xr6 and wanted to make sure he did it on 6 cylinders and not 5.

LOL

That or wondering where the engine is after being wasted by a Ford Laser.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
gms00 said:

**** where have you been... Ive seen about 5 pulled over with their hazards on and the bonnet up.

And I;ve lost count on how many VT's I have seen broken down...

Umm how many AU's have I seen... ummm **** I cant recall seeing any!!! - the closest to that ive seen is an EF with a flat battery!!

BTW. I was talking to a ACT cabbie the other day, he said he has an EA with 1.5million kms. WELL DONE FORD. :thumbup: WELL DONE FALCON :thumbup:

·
EA Wagon Member
469 Posts
greg ritter and paul stockel were driving around with 6 cylinder late today.....must have been putting out around 350kw though

nice nice 6 if you ask me :)

S

·
0 Posts
HRT 8 said:

thats funny because as i recall that the vx s has the same power as the executive, and the xr6 doesn't have the same power as a forte. Add to that the standard AU 6 has more power than a vx 6,

hmmmm i wonder who would of gotten wasted

Take you $hittydoor home, get a real car, get a Falcon

·
Autralian Ford Member
35 Posts
Sideways_EF said:

thats funny because as i recall that the vx s has the same power as the executive, and the xr6 doesn't have the same power as a forte. Add to that the standard AU 6 has more power than a vx 6,

hmmmm i wonder who would of gotten wasted

Take you $hittydoor home, get a real car, get a Falcon
Geez mate, don't take it so seriously! :rolleyes:

The turbo 6 should be a good move for Ford, and Holden if they follow, be like the VL turbo of old methinks.

S

·
0 Posts
Morgs said:

Geez mate, don't take it so seriously! :rolleyes:

The turbo 6 should be a good move for Ford, and Holden if they follow, be like the VL turbo of old methinks.
seriously whos taking it seriously? :p

i just hate people who compare the 3.8 to the superiour inline 4

look back in 1994, VR = 129kw, EF = 157kw - I know which one i would choose

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Guys, it should be noted that while the Buick 3.8L 6 has a good dose of bottom end torque in the pre-VT days the only reason why commo's were abit quicker of the mark was due to it's weight, Falcons were typically 150kg heavier. Hehehe a manual will solve this problem. :D :D :D

After 80km/h it's all Ford Inline 4.0L territory, Buick 6's won't stand a chance. have a look at the power at the wheels between them where power really talks. :D :D

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
have a look at the power at the wheels between them where power really talks. :D :D
And then get an eight and stop mucking around!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Aussie Pete said:

And then get an eight and stop mucking around!
Pete, thats in the Plan & Elaborate phase at the moment. I expect in 1.5 years time it should be in Deploy Phase. :D :D :D

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
The pre VT Commos arnt quicker than the Falcons just because of their weight advantage, its more got to do with the Auto's gear ratios. The 6 cyl Falcon would be a tyre shredder if it had the Commo's Auto box....A 3.06:1 first gear plus [email protected] = fun :cool: ;)

Manuals are a different story though :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts