Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Hawthorn Supporter
Joined
·
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
www.F1-live.com

World champion Michael Schumacher set a new track record at the Italian team's testing circuit on Saturday behind the wheel of the new Ferrari.

The German record-breaker, aiming for a seventh Formula One Championship this year, beat the record he set 24 hours earlier in the new F2004 with a time of 56.279 seconds. On Friday, Schumacher broke the record set last year by the F2003 GA with a time of 56.835.

Schumacher said he was impressed with the F2004 which was unveiled on Monday at Ferrari's headquarters at Maranello.

"The evolution continues," he said. "Every year we are more precise, a little closer to perfection. Everyone has done a great job in achieving this step up in quality and I have no worries at the moment. This car gives us a realistic chance of fighting for the title."

The first Grand Prix of the season takes place in Melbourne on March 7.

 

·
Rice Sucks
Joined
·
347 Posts
of course it counts.
If it was slower than last years car they and the non Brit media brainwashed GP public would be worried.

ok so the other teams dont test there.
but the new car is showing good speed out of the box.
 

·
Mr Photoshop
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
Whoopty shit, its there own bloodly track
WTF!? You think they cheated?!:wank2:

It doesn't matter who owns the track, it doesn't make it any easier or harder to get around it.
 

·
_____________________
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
uuuh yes it does if Ferrari owns a track its going to be very hard to lets say Williams (since no one like Mclaren here) to test on that track

but seriously they do it every year and the so called biased media make it a big deal like everyone else, if they didnt break they record i would be worried, but they have so much data from that track how much can you put down to the car? there data bank from that track grows bigger and bigger....
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
2,922 Posts
Er, I don't think this was comparing Ferrari to other teams, this was just comparing the new Ferrari to the old one...

Which is only natural it is faster, or else they have reason to be concerned!

Tim!
 

·
Mr Photoshop
Joined
·
1,155 Posts
Even though none of the other teams test there it doeas matter it shows how good the car is out of the box at the start of the development. To be 4 tenths up on the lap record in 3 days of testing is quite good.
McLaren and BMW have their own test tracks which they don't own but is where they are based. So they would have plenty of data on it since Ferrari are limited to when they can test their cars just like everyone else.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,809 Posts
Ambrose_1 said:
uuuh yes it does if Ferrari owns a track its going to be very hard to lets say Williams (since no one like Mclaren here) to test on that track

but seriously they do it every year and the so called biased media make it a big deal like everyone else, if they didnt break they record i would be worried, but they have so much data from that track how much can you put down to the car? there data bank from that track grows bigger and bigger....
it is my understanding of the F1 rules, that test tracks must be approved for testing by the FIA, if a test track isn't approved, no team can test there, if it is approved, any team can test there, so the fact that other big teams do not, is their own decision. in fact I believe minardi also test at the track from time to time, so it is not exactly unaccessible to all other teams....

and it doesn't matter how much data you have on a track if the car is no better than the old one, then it will not go faster... face it, the car is faster, and ferrari aint just going to fall off the pace like a few people here seemed to think (or maybe desparately hope) that they would
 

·
_____________________
Joined
·
3,942 Posts
Donut King said:
it is my understanding of the F1 rules, that test tracks must be approved for testing by the FIA, if a test track isn't approved, no team can test there, if it is approved, any team can test there, so the fact that other big teams do not, is their own decision. in fact I believe minardi also test at the track from time to time, so it is not exactly unaccessible to all other teams....

and it doesn't matter how much data you have on a track if the car is no better than the old one, then it will not go faster... face it, the car is faster, and ferrari aint just going to fall off the pace like a few people here seemed to think (or maybe desparately hope) that they would

LOL! imagine the recieption they would get there it would be like Mark Skaife driving into Russell Ingall's garage
 

·
Falcontastic.
Joined
·
6,039 Posts
Like someone above said" to be able to pull it out of the transporter" and be this quick is only a good thing and I think this is what some of us here are missunderstanding,Forza Ferrari.
 

·
Kodak Moment
Joined
·
990 Posts
Methodx said:
of course it counts.
If it was slower than last years car they and the non Brit media brainwashed GP public would be worried.

ok so the other teams dont test there.
but the new car is showing good speed out of the box.
You're just as bad as the "biased brainwashing Brit media" except the other way round.

As for the car showing good speed out of the box, well good, so have McLaren, Williams, and BAR.....we are in for a good season then!
 

·
one day.......maybe
Joined
·
446 Posts
Fordy said:
Title defence is looking good.

Im guessing they werent even testing their new wing either.
can anyone help me here...the pictures i've seen so far of the new ferrari, does the car have the new front wing on it because it doesn't look any different to the old one or the other teams, let alone "radical" as ferrari was saying
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Top