Ford Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SCPOC 33 - 2nd annual CaPOC!

well, the meet was a success.

i was a little disappointed that the turnout was low, but i kind of expect it. too many members who don't want to drive. :( i don't get it, i thought that's why we bought the car in the first place.

oh well, those of us who went had a great time. jorge and nellie drove up friday night and they, lino, stacey and i, took off early saturday morning. we even made our target time as well. gil left really late and made it up just in time for our drive along 17-mile road at pebble beach. chris laudermilk and sharon where both there friday night and we finally caught up with them at toot's, even though their probe was spotted at the acquarium!

it was good seeing those of you who made it and the bapoc'ers who hosted. haven't seen some old friends in a while and it was great hooking up with them again. got to meet some new faces and i think it was great all around!

hell, even the 'icy hot stuntaz' made an appearance! :D

next year's event will be in san diego, so start making your plans now, because i expect as good a turnout as bapoc had for this event!

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
It was great to meet you socal guys. Nice to put names and faces together. Hope to meet more next time!

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
dmark101 said:
i was a little disappointed that the turnout was low, but i kind of expect it. too many members who don't want to drive. :( i don't get it, i thought that's why we bought the car in the first place.
Um, yeah. 700+ miles on the car in one day (24 hours is a long time for us old farts when we stay awake the whole time!)

The drive was still fun, though Cal Trans making a traffic jam at 3am took special skill. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to next time--like maybe finding everyone before it's almost over.

·
Resident Genius
378 Posts
SCPOCers are hardcore! Making MSD AND CAPOC! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the pics! (or should I say 'I fear seeing the pics'?)

G

·
Good fun, good food, good friends!!!
I couldn't ask for a better day, even though my poor Probe was being a bit of a b!t$%!!!!!
See you all in October;)

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dan [Sac] said:
SCPOCers are hardcore! Making MSD AND CAPOC! :thumbup:

Can't wait to see the pics! (or should I say 'I fear seeing the pics'?)
don't forget dan, we also went to MAS as well. :D

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts
the trip was well worth it. i am glad to have gone up and met you guys. i believe i made the longest drive out of the entire CAPOC group (from San Diego) but i enjoyed the whole trip. There is no excuse why BAPOC or SACPOC will not be able to make it next year to SoCal.

Even though my Probe was not able to make the long trip, i still went up in my WRX and represented for the TEAM. If i didn't have a second car, i would've tried my best to hop a ride.

See ya soon.
:cool:

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
dmark101 said:

don't forget dan, we also went to MAS as well. :D

Damn straight.. :rocking: some of us are hard core.. :cool:

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
71 Posts
Monterey sounded like a lot of fun, but at this time I couldn't justify the 8-9 hour drive each way, because of some other things I have going on right now. Hope everyone had fun, and will be seeing some of you at MM

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
it was not an 8 to 9 hour drive hans. tops it was 6 to 7. jorge made it in his wrx just fine, except for the drive back when we had a 2 hr pit stop.

you could have made it. :(

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
71 Posts
oh - well, I was going off what I read on "MapQuest"......and I've never drove all the way thru the LA jungle before so I was a little scared by that

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Map Quest assumes you follow the speed limit (I wonder if it still thinks it's 55). For me it claimed a 7 3/4 hr drive; I made it in 5 1/2 & that was keeping it around 70-75 (I used to run 80-85).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.