Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, the next meet is set. it will be held saturday oct. 20th and the location will be qualcomm stadium in san diego.

why qualcomm? well, there's an autocross going on there that day and it's been forever since we've had a racing event, so it was decided that we should have one.

if you wish to race, please visit www.sdr-solo2.com for more informaton.

this will be posted on the scpoc website shortly.

i would like for all members to attend, but if you can't then please let us now. we're planning a fun mountain drive afterward.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
autox is so much fun. i have set my beasst up for that. it is such fun pounding 4800#'s of metal around a course designed for a Miata class. scares most folks.

i amy have to make a road trip. seeing how i have a lot of time on my hands now.

·
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member
58 Posts
Decisions, decisions... I've got another event on Saturday too, but I'm getting my car back tomorrow with the LSD and clutch. Would be cool to try it out at an auto-x, even tho my driving skills are fer **** right now. And the clutch needs to be broken in still.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
drive on down howard. i'm sure you'll finish up before your gig. :D

i'll be getting there late 'cuz i have a sales meeting to attend, but i will still be there and ready to smoke my tires for all the scpoc'ers delight.

·
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member
58 Posts
OK. Who-all is going from the LA area? Registration is at 7:30am, that means heading out at an insanely early hour of the morning.
If anyone is gonna caravan to this, let me know.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll let stacey know howard. you can give her a call if'n you want. i won't be there until 1 or 2pm due to work.

·
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member
58 Posts
Okeydoke. I just re-read the sdr web site, they say to just show up by 11am re: registration. That takes some of the edge off the pain... }-)

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
stopped by qcom

I stopped by the autocross for awhile.. Not too many probes there, but I saw a couple nice ones. If anyone saw mine it was the white 3.0 that was off to the side a bit. A lot of silver under the hood.

Only talked to a couple of probers, no1 was with their cars (i was only there for a little over an hour though) but i did see one probe going through the cones :)

Hopefully ill get to meet more of you guys at the next meet.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Must've been late, there were at least 9-10 cars there aside from you; were were camped out near the registration RV. 5 of us were running. Sorry I missed you.

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
yeah, there was a black gen 1 behind me.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
um, to my knowledge, there were quite a few people who were there.

i was not in attendance until shortly after 5pm due to work restrictions, but i did manage to bring 3 other members with me for our trip to gordon biersch off the 8/805. should have stuck around.

we even went to the street races, where a few of us took out some of the local rice.

gil took out a gs-t, hans, and a riced out crx. mike p lost to me (badly, but i was in the cobra), stacey beat out a ricer in my pgt (barely, but she doesn't race it like i do - still, she won), jorge took out some guy in his WRX. then we sat around and watched until the police showed up.

it was pretty cool. saw two new RSX-s' floating around while the cobra and WRX got plenty of thumbs-up and looks from the ricer crowd. :D

i hope that someone who was there from beginning to end will do the write up for me. normally i do these, but i've really been wanting for other people to contribute. if you were there from the early morning until the last rice, err race (and i mean the street races), please feel free to submit your effort. ;)

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Caliguy143 said:
yeah, there was a black gen 1 behind me.
Totally stock, right? That's Jim (?) Hamm's Probe, he's not a SCPOC member, but a regular at the autocross there. He runs a SP Rabbit when he races (used to run a SP Bug :eek: ).

We must have all left by then, he was parked one aisle over from us.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, i've tagged his car a couple of times. never heard from him though. kinda sad actually. he could help us get a racing team there, because we do have members in the SD area. :(

oh well, like that big bird looking wench proved to me, they're pretty biased toward the corvettes down there. doesn't surprise me much really. no biggie. maybe next time i'll lay out a bigger patch before beating her in class.

heh.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Yeah, there's a bunch of SERIOUS 'vette drivers down there. I always liked watching the RX-7's give them a hard time (especially when Dan Cadenhead moved from a MX-6 to a RX-7 & beat on them :D)

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts
i'm back, suckas!

Caliguy,
i noticed when you left but you didn't stick around that long. i had my yellow WRX there. there were a total of 20 cars that showed up. 7 of them managed to stay until 130am to hit the street races. 10 of us were still there at the track after sunset and hit a Gordon Biersch. mmmm.

anyways. try to hang out longer next time. it was lots of fun. does everyone agree?

i thought so!!:D :D :D

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
It's called being rusty, Howard :p (it's no wonder after driving that wannabe car for six months!) My times left something to be desired, too--not that I'm surprised.

·
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member
58 Posts
By the way, my lap times from Saturday:
83.224 (with instructor)

Improving consistently, anyway. But definitely rusty, very rusty. And of course, the only cure for that is ... MORE DRIVING!!!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts