Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hmm. it's only two days after scpoc 35 and now we're planning the new meet.

actually, there's already a topic open on this, but i think we should get a fresh perspective going.

chris laudermilk has been organizing this event and it will be takin place on 11/3, which is in two weeks. this event is a show meet, but it's at a race track. we get to parade our cars, have dinner, and watch the races. i would expect the gathering time to begin sometime around 1-2pm, so that those of you who work early saturday morning will have the chance to attend.

i strongly encourage all members to attend this meet. it's a great time to show everyone that the probers are for real and maybe get some good exposure for us as well.

more details to follow within the next couple of days.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i was hoping to get us to meet somewhere then caravan over. i was thinking speedzone, but i would prefer something a bit closer. there is a huge hughes distro center right off the freeway with a huge lot. we could meet there.

i'll scope a few places and get back to everyone.

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts
somewhere close to the highway for easy access to SD members would be better IMO. i plan on caravaning with SD members from Frys Electronics (Aero Dr./ I-15).

anyways. keep me updated.
thanx

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
I'm not sure what caravanning will accomplish for those of us closer to the track. We are showing up before they open & will be set up when the gates open. The track is literally next to the freeway--you can see it before you exit.

I won't discourage a caravan--it gives me an opportunity to collect money from drivers for the admission before we get there.

Again, we are expected there at 3:30 to set up the cars--gives them time to arrange us & us time to give the cars a once-over. Gates open to the public at 4:30.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
then it's settled.

la/oc peeps, meet directly at irwindale speedway.

sd peeps, hook up with jorge at the fry's off the 15.

directions taken from www.irwindalespeedway.com

Visiting the speedway is totally freeway-friendly. The facility is located at 13300 East Live Oak Avenue at the 605 Freeway in nearby Irwindale. Fans arriving from the South need to take the Live Oak West off-ramp West one block back over the freeway to the main entrance. Arrivals from the north will exit to the west on Arrow Highway and then turn left at the second light (Live Oak) for a short half-block trip to the main gates.
see you there.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
I can't wait.

But, any input on the spiel we're going to give our spokesperon? Any specifics? History of the car? (maybe touching on the Probe/Mustang sibling rivalry ;) ?), mods we have? what we do? obviously contact info. What else?

Everyone should bring a supply of SCPOC flyers, BTW.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah, i'll try to draft something whilst i'm at buttonwillow.

it'll be short, concise, and to the point. :)

G

·
Hey, what's up! It has been a while since I have been to a meet, however, I am going to go to this meet fo sho!
Since I am from Santa Clarita, I guess I will just meet everyone at Irwindale...

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
71 Posts
I am going. So there is no registration of any kind for this?
By the way, you say gates open for the public at 4:30 ???? It gets dark at 5 !!!

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Yes, it gets dark at 5. Dress warm.

It's night racing; during the summer they got qualifying & one trophy dash in before the sun went down.

Sharon and I are showing (duh :p )

There is no registration, just tell them you're with the club for the show & they should direct you to the right area (that will be to the right from the entrance). We are going to be on the far end of the grandstand just past the Fairway Ford tent if I remember correctly.

Once you're there, you need to see me to give me your money ($15 per *car*).

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i really hope that we get a lot of people out for this. the club could really use the exposure and i'd like to see us do this type of thing in the future. :s3

see you all there, and NO the cobra is staying home for this one. :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts