Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, let's get the ball rolling for scpoc 37.

jen had a pretty good idea about doing the paintball thing. this is a pretty good activity for a club. we can have some serious fun shooting each other. :s5

i'm not sure what else is going on in the area for december, but let's get this show on the road.

·
Probe GT Member
5 Posts
next meet in san D.

yo, i think the next meet, we should do some drag racing up at carlsbad. last time it was hella fun, and this time we will all know what to expect. besides I think Jorge is the one who reccomended it, and we havent done it in a while. any saturday(that its not raining).
~lalo

·
Big Daddy
357 Posts
depending on the date.. you might just see a distant member show up :s6:

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not sure if the track is even open on sunday gil. i'll see if i can find some contact info and find out for ya.

if not, i'm always up for a drag race. perhaps i'll bring the cobra and shmoke you all. :p heh heh heh. i DO want to know what that car can really do.

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
Sd Meet

can someone add me to the scpoc mailing list?? my email is [email protected]

i keep falling out of the loop :( i dont want to end up being a lame inactive member!!

btw- i am thinking very seriously about buying a 95 or newer gt to compliment my 3.0 if anyone sees one in the san diego area op for sale @ a good price!!!

I am in the process of getting a n20 kit for the 3.0 just for kicks :)

·
www.SCPOC.com member
57 Posts

·
276 Posts
12/15?? i dont see any reason why i cant at least stop by if i cant get the day off.

·
Hardcore GL Tuning
95 Posts
Is there any other meets in the works? I cannot make the 12/15 race meet at carlsbad (thanks to being in colorado until 12/17). I want to go, but circumstances are not working with me here.

G

·
i'd like to make it to this meet to get an official time, heheh... sunday would be better for me cause i work saturdays... but either way i'd like to be there.... what are the requirements to race? helmets? how much would it cost? :hy: thanks

·
276 Posts
Well i have to work saturday until 4:15 pm, but after that I am free. Will anyone be hanging around after that time? Id like to meet up with some of you guys and screw around.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
gil, carlsbad is only open for public racing on saturdays. sundays are their racing series and they start at 8am.

more info on the track itself can be found here.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
I've been reviewing Palmdale and Pomona... Palmdale looks good for both weekend days depending on the week. I'm also think we should organize the weekly night cruise by region... I don't know why but I've been seeing alot of new Probes in the area.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
from what i remember, pomona is not open to the public for drags anymore. just nhra.

fontana, that's another story. i'll bet they're swamped every weekend.

palmdale may be kinda far for the SD crew, but i'm game to go out there. been a while since i've been to that track.

·
It's been a long time...
52 Posts
Yeah, pomona closed its street-legals/tuner nights some time ago. Something about the sound ordinance passing finally by the complaining citizens around the track. Its only open to the pros now.

I went the first 3 weekends Fontana opened, whether racing or helping a friend get his car ready, and it wasn't that crowded. As long as you are there between 4:30am-8:00am, you should be okay. I was number 100 the first time and 9 the second.

However, Fontana Raceway is closed until January.

And yes, I have seen a lot of probes lately. Usually, I am one of 2 or 3 pgts at most at Cal Poly. Just yesterday I saw 3 other pgt's just on my walk from the parking lot to class! :(

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
so, what's the 411?

how many do we have coming to this event? i'd like to get a feel for this. let's plan on meeting up at the taco bell just outside the drag strip around 10:30. the line should not be that bad at that time.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts