Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Mod/SCPOC/Probe LX Member
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont want to sound like a total critic, but it seems like theres not much support for scpoc. The forum is damn near empty and the website is in bad need of an update. The members havent been updated in a month and a half and it says the october meet is still in planning. it is october. Maybe im missing out on some information because im pretty new, but from what i see it looks like theres not much interest....

Also, why is our forum here instead of on probetalk?? PT gets a lot more traffic.

Call me what you want for complaining, but i think ive got a good point and id be willing to help out if its just that nobody wants to get up and do the updates, etc.

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
i think that the reason that the forum is over here is because there was issues with certain folks over at pt.

as far as the rest of the site for scpoc then you will need to talk to them about that.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
first off caliguy, i don't have the time or patience to explain why we're here. the fact is, we're here, we're staying here until i say it's time not too.

second, the scpoc site is undergoing major changes. they're not finished yet due to a variety of things that go on in my life. since i'm the president AND webmaster, they get done when i have time.

third, if you want to join, please do. in the meantime, don't come onto a nice friendly board and slam the socal club because there are some things you don't like. if you don't like them, don't join. that simple.

i'm sorry if i sound gruff, but some of us work 60+ hours a week, and i do what i can with whatever free time i have.

oh, and the activity is a problem because most of our members have JOBS. they don't get to post all the time. most of the members also work weekends, so not everyone shows for meets. it's a problem i've been working on for 2 years now. if you think you have any suggestions, please IM on AIM. my username is the same as it is here.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
Are you on the mail list? There's activity over there, too. And from what I've seen our website is one of the more up-to-date ones out there.

Believe me, maintaining a web site is very time-consuming, especially one the size of SCPOC's; I've seen it updated about 4 times since I joined all of about 7 months ago. For a club site, that's pretty damn good.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I work 40 hours a week AND go to SDSU full time. I know what it is like to have no time.

Like I said, I am new, so I had questions.

It would be nice if the site was updated more often. I was offering to HELP if theres just no time to do it. That offer stands.

I asked about the forum being on PT because they get a lot more action than FF and i figured it would increase membership.

Im not bashing the club, im just pointing out some things I noticed.

Im not here to *****, im here because we all own a cool ass car.

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
We used to be on PT, moved over here to a friendlier environment--and pulled a few other POC's along :)

Membership isn't the problem, participation is. I think we have over 100 people listed, but there's like 20 that I've actually seen.

So...on that note, can I pencil you in for Nov 3rd?:wink2: (still pushing the meet...)

·
SCPOC/Probe GT Member
238 Posts
):WH: yebbut...this was one of the most active areas a few months ago...so we didn't understand that angle. 'sides, you ought to see the volume on the e-mail list (dang bunch of chatterboxes :p )

·
Probe GT Member
34 Posts
Look guys I want to come to the meets so bad!! want to meet all the guys!! It's just that I need to get my other probe running I don't want to come there in my beet up GT I want to come there in my NICE GT 89!!!!!! Formally known as ANTVAL on PT.....:nuts: :nuts: :D

·
Probe GT Member
34 Posts
Dude its is the deal the old grappy probe i dont drive anymore!! the front end really sucks and when you drive it it feels like its going to fall apart!! it was hit before and i did a bab job fixing it!!!!!!!! 2 CENTS....

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
i remember that pic gil. heh, dan's car needs MAJOR work.

guys, all i ask is that you make the effort. if things are happening that prevent you from coming, that's fine. show up for the next meet. i try to get the information out there as quickly as possible, so that there's no 'last second' planning that has to be done.

me, i am fortunate that i don't have to work weekends, but i will have to work on the 20th. that may stop me from running at qualcomm, but i will be there nevertheless.

i have to rely on the members more and more to help with the functioning of the club. i can't do it by myself and it's very frustrating when i feel that newbies and veterans alike don't try to participate.

when i first joined SCPOC, we had plenty of members show up for meets. when we first started having mod days, it was only lino, chris ashton, greg, and myself. other people would show just to see the work being done. if memory serves, the first 3 mod days involved just my car alone (i think it's the first 2, but it could be 3).

i was excited when i got to take over the club from chris after he bought his 98 mustang cobra. we started to do more racing, but people complained about it. we talked about going to carlsbad drag strip, but people complained about it. we talked about speedzone or dromo one, but people complained about that too. seems like the only thing people want to do is have freaking barbecues. i'm sorry, but that is not my idea of what a car club is about.

i've belonged to mustang clubs before and i'm set to join a couple of SVT clubs shortly. they have HUGE meets. they also have nice cruise nights (and days). they have meets just to hang out. we only hang out, have an occasional mod day, and bbq. we don't have cruise nights. hell, even the miata clubs have cruise nights and mountain runs. we should do that as well.

i'm sorry to say this but i am seriously considering asking for opinions about who may be best suited to replace me. i have become very disheartened with the lack of support the club receives from its members. with my recent acquisition, i know that i can get far more activity with another club than i currently do with scpoc.

if something doesn't happen soon, the club may wind up dying.

·
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
meets

im working 7 days a week right now, but i see no problem making the qcom meet, and i will try to get the day off for the november meet.

chris & mark- i can see why my comment back at the top of the thread was kind of jacked up when you guys read it, i can tell you 2 both do a lot. from what i can see is that people just arent getting off their asses and going to the meets. ill try to do my part and make most of them.

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
gil, it looks like stacey and i may make this mod day. she wasn't feeling too well the other day and i have a lot of stuff to do around the house, so we didn't think it was that great of an idea to go up.

i need to contact the timing people and let them know we're bowing out, but we'll probably be there.

·
Just some guy...
553 Posts
:thumbup: I tried posting some ideas earlier but due to some server problems I had to shut down.

They idea would be about decentralizing SCPOC between the counties and meeting once a month as a whole. The smaller county groups can focus on the members they have and strengthen attendance. This might work out due to people complaining that they have to drive to far.

Just a thought. What do you think?

·
PT Owner - SCPOC Prez
681 Posts
i've thought of that too gil. in fact, it's an idea i've played with for a while now. if i do this, i can split the site into the geographical regions, with each having it's own area when it comes to meet info, caravans, members, and other stuff.

things i would keep the same between the two are the gallery, links, club links, and maint/mod info.

this is something we should probably go over this weekend. i've got a few other ideas in mind also.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts