Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Turbo Pilot
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just fantastic, some @$%$ has placed something on the bonnet of the ute, then dragged it off leaving me with 4 or 5 scartches as a souvenir.

The scratches aren't too wide but they do go down to the (unfortunately very light coloured ) undercoat. Any suggestions on the best way too touch these up would be much appreciated

Ohh by the way the colour is the AUII Silhouette Black

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Sorry mate but i think I am gonna give you some bad news

I had the a friggen possum scratch my roof.

Every spray paint place recons the only way to get it out is a complete respray! This is the result of water based paints and cost cuting exercise at Ford.

Hope someone else comes with a solution apart froma respray!

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Get some Prepsol or equivalent and clean areas thoroughly. Using thinned down touch up paint brush lightly apply touch up paint along the scratches. If necessary, apply a few light coats so as not to build up the area too high.

After at least 24 hours, use some car wash detergent on ultra fine wet and dry as a lubricant, plenty of water, and a flat sanding block. Lightly blend in the paint touch ups until flush with the surrounding paint.

Finally, use some gentle cutting compund to blend out rub marks and work your way to a wax finish.

Voila - not perfect but if done right almost impossible to see.

Having said that - Silhouette is not the easiest colour to do this with!

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
i agrree with Pete, but it would be very difficult on black.
When i had my Navy blue EL i was to lazy one day and washed the car with plastic stone protector on and dragged the sponge behind it.....ouch!!! left a big scratch along the front on the bonnet. I got one of those mobile dent removal etc...guys to come out. He fixed it by useing a number of rubbing compounds......didnt look good at first, but when he had finished you couldnt see a thing and he didnt use any paint.

The second best $50 you can spend...:D :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
XLR8 said:
i agrree with Pete, but it would be very difficult on black.
When i had my Navy blue EL i was to lazy one day and washed the car with plastic stone protector on and dragged the sponge behind it.....ouch!!! left a big scratch along the front on the bonnet. I got one of those mobile dent removal etc...guys to come out. He fixed it by useing a number of rubbing compounds......didnt look good at first, but when he had finished you couldnt see a thing and he didnt use any paint.

The second best $50 you can spend...:D :D
Mate, can i get the details of this guy? I take it he only operates in Newie.

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:

Mate, can i get the details of this guy? I take it he only operates in Newie.
yeah, they are called Colour mechanix...

number is 0412 213 990

www.colourmechanix.com.au

The guy lives near me, so if you want to get it done i could find a few jobs around the house you could do.....mow the lawns, clean gutters etc while you wait:D

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
laminge said:

Hope someone else comes with a solution apart froma respray!
How about a bonnet shaker and lock - down pins, and maybe 2 big black stripes up the bonnet:nuts:

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
oh dear... don't get me started on scratches. there is not ONE panel on my car that hasn't been scratched so far an the car is not even 2 years old!

i'm planning a full respray sometime next year when i get the body kit. after that, anyone who touches the car DIES!!! not to mention dents for F**KWITS who just park their ****ty 25yo Datto, slam the door into your few month old car and not give a ****!

or when you come back from overseas and find that some commodore driving wanker's opened his door and left a nice little dent and a white scratchmark on one of the doors! that commodore is driving around with a mighty dent in the door, placed there with my trusty old, steel-capped mack boot! hehehe >:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts