Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I start my EB I6 up in the morning if I haven't driven it for a couple of days this horrible screeching sound emits from the front of the motor for about 30 seconds and then stops once I drive off down the road. I've had the idler pulley thingy (TM) replaced recently and the noise hasn't changed. Seems to only do it when car is cold. Any ideas?

·
Proudly Average
1,305 Posts
some know-it-all told me it was over-tight belts???

·
Registered
285 Posts
Loose/worn belts....definatly.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting read TopGhia, tks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too think its loose belts because my father and I changed the belt around the alternator on his ford ute which made the noise beforehand. We made it a little tighter and the noise went away.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Oh crap. I bought a new CD player and speakers and now you tell me it's just a case of tightening a belt???? (naff naff he he)

·
mmm..Vee 8
496 Posts
Most likely your belts!

My XF was doing that a few months back...a new set of belts and hey presto..shes quiet again!

Extreme

·
Registered
117 Posts
The noise is coming from the distributor shaft. Take the cap, rotor button & hall effect sensor cover off & try squirting some oil down the shaft.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'm 99.9% sure it's the BELTS. I just replaced my alternator in my XF and it started doing that. I knew what it was so I got home and made it tighter. Hasn't come back.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
Pearly
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing