Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a 67 F250, since a little while, so I'm kind of new to the world of classic trucks.
Did these trucks come out of the factory with seatbelts at the time?

·
Super Moderator
7,781 Posts
Probably lap belts. That was an era where a lot of changes were made with the laws regarding seat belts. Are you planning to drive it or show it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply.
I'm planning on driving it, but if it's factory, then I'll put them in, otherwise they will not give the roadworthy license here in The Netherlands. The truck needs to comply with how it came out of the factory at the time.

·
Super Moderator
19,416 Posts
Check this ,

Lap seat belts were factory installed as standard equipment in every 1967/76 F100/350, as these were mandated as part of the new Fed Safety Standards that went into effect for light trucks at the beginning of the 1967 model run that occurred 9/1966.

Prior years, lap seat belts were an option. The Fed Safety Standards went in effect for passenger cars 1/1/1966. Besides lap seat belts, backup lamps, heater & defroster and a left hand outside mirror were also mandated.

1967: Shoulder straps were first offered as an option, and bolted into the plugged off holes in the upper corners of the cabs.

If the optional shoulder straps were installed, the lap seat belts were different as each side had two buckles. One for the tongue of the shoulder strap, the other for the tongue of the lap seat belt.

Shoulder belts became standard equipment in 1977 and were a one piece assembly...no longer was there a separate shoulder strap.

·
Administrator
8,173 Posts
Fed Safety Standards are for vehicles sold in the US. If that truck was sold new outside of the US, it could be very possible it never had them installed. It would depend of the country of origin and their laws at the time. The holes should be there though, drilled and taped.

·
Super Moderator
19,416 Posts
Also depends on rules on vehicles of that year that are often exempt from certain test items . The testers manuals I had for here are out of date now as there are always changing the requirements .But I often had to check on older vehicles to see what applied and was required and what was exempted .Wouldn't do any harm in contacting the testing station or vehicle examiners with your details and asking them exactly what is required to comply .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone for the info, I appreciate it.
I just learned that cars build before 1971, don't need seatbelts in The Netherlands.
The truck was imported a couple of weeks ago.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts