Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I'm slowly rebuilding my XD, i'm after a new set of seats. I've been trying to decide what to get, i can't seem to find any decent seats at wreckers. I was thinking of getting XF GHIA or FE LTD seats cause they fit straight in, but i've seen an XF Turbo on here with AU seats. So here's what i'm after, a set of front & rear seats, will consider XF, EA-AU, NA-NL they must be grey, & in very good condition. I'm not sure what the going prices are so just let me know what you are after for them, or if anyone knows of a wrecking yard that sells decent seats at resonable prices, please let me know. By the way i'm in western sydney, your help would be greatly aprreciated.

Cheers,
Adrian.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Don't know if the AU rear seat would bolt straight in. Are you prepared to get some trimming done?

I'd be on the lookout for an ESP interior (either XD or XE!) for the XD. Or an LTD leather trim...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your reply EB XR, yeah i figured some modification may be involved, but i'm cool with that, i'm not really interested in the ESP seats, too many people fit them, i want somethin different & maintain the luxury feel.

Adrian

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So it looks like no one has any seats for sale

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
My friend has a couple of AU XR front seats for sale. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
25 Posts
the problem you have with any e series seats is the mods for the mounting. im not sure what the go is in nsw but if you need to have an inspection and the inspector sees average welds it wont pass. the x series seats have bolts that go through the seat runners, through the floor and a nut goes on the under the floor. the e series have a nut welded to the floor and a bolt screws into that. Doesnt sound that much different but trust me they are. if you find the seats you like modify the fronts to fit then take your xd rear seat and your new seat to a trimmer and have him swap the trim, might cost a couple of $ but it will be easier than modifying the new seat.

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
my brother has an FE LTD that he's wrecking he has an entire interior that he will sell for $400 thats door cards centre console in the grey velour as well as seats with the electric runners or if your just after seats make an offer

·
I speed
61 Posts
I got grey EA seats in very good condition, off a Falcon S.
front and rear, can show you pictures, just give me e-mail adress.
I'm in Adelaide tho

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your replies,

RevHeadRon: damn i'm interested, but your aren't in sydney but thanks heaps anyway.

rrt802000: i think i should have been a bit clearer, it's Fairmont Ghia, so Spack seats wouldn't really suit the rest of the interior, thanks heaps

I've located a wrecker that wrecks late model fords, i measure up the seats in my gf's EF, so i'm gonna try & get a set of Ef Fairmont seats, modify the fronts & if i can't modify the rear i'll do a sugested earlier & get the trim swapped. However if anyone else has something available please let me know.

Cheers,
Adrian

·
gilbiegt351
166 Posts
RevHeadRon said:
my brother has an FE LTD that he's wrecking he has an entire interior that he will sell for $400 thats door cards centre console in the grey velour as well as seats with the electric runners or if your just after seats make an offer
I have an empty truck going through brisie mid april and the seats from LTD May be what I am looking for the xd project.

Can you e mail pic`s and details to [email protected]

Regard`s James

·
Munch Munch Rice 4 Lunch
594 Posts
i'll get some photos taken asap and you'll get an email, i'll probably end up posting them up on here too

1 - 11 of 11 Posts