Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Chromed Member
1,810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw 2 biante GT models at swapmeet today.

One was a blue XWGT, brand new in box for $150.

Another stallholder had a XYGT vermillion fire (red/orange color) with allan moffat racing stickers on it (ithinks).. This bloke wanted $550 for it.

Are these reasonable prices for these models? Do you think they would be a good investment? and how many of each model was made by biante?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
The Biante XWs, along with the road going versions of XU-1 Toranas seem to be the ugly ducklings of the collection and haven't appreciated in value like the rest of the models. There were 8,048 Starlight Blue XW GTHOs released and 6,000 of Allan Moffat XY Falcon GTHO No.65E. $550 seems to be the going price for these, I've seen them advertised for more and for less. I don't see them going up in value any more, it comes down to why you want to buy it, because you're a big Alan Moffat or Touring Car fan or you just want to make a quick buck. If you want to make a quick buck I would advise against buying either car because I reckon the prices are pretty much at their peak. As for the XW the same applies, I've seen them advertised for as low as $100, it's not a "bargain" but pretty much just the average price. Have a look in the Trading Post or in the classified ads on Biante website for more price guides.

·
Australian Falcon Member
65 Posts
I own the dark blue XW and XB coupe GT's. I paid $155 and $180 for them and have seen them advertised for more, as for the race versions they dont look as good as the road ones and I dont think they are worth more.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts