Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After your post on these alarms, I had a check to see if mine was doing what it claimed it should be doing in the little booklet.

It flashes once per second, as quoted, when armed. When I unlock the car with the remote, the LED flashes about 10 times per sec (so the booklet says), which would mean they've used the optional passive arming feature, meaning if i don't open the door in 120 secs, it rearms. If I open a door, it restarts the 30 secs (why? i've opened the door) as the booklet sez, and after 30 secs, returns to the 1 flash per sec.

What puzzles me is, if I put my key in the ignition and turn it to on (not starting the engine) when its doing the 10 per sec flashing, the light turns off as it should. If it's doing the 1 per sec flashing, it doesn't go off! Any guess as to why? It doesn't report any intrusion alert codes, so that's ok. It seems to do the 1 per sec flashing when the engine is running.

Also, the booklet claims the alarm can be used to close power windows/sunroof. I have both, except only the sunroof closes, as per the standard immobiliser. Does this mean that since the immobiliser doesn't close my windows, the alarm can't either? The booklet doesn't clarify this.

I'm going to take it to my Ford dealer next Saturday, but I just wanted to know if you had any answers so I was better informed when I hassled them.
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Venom - my car has Sentry as well. It closes sunroof but not windows as well. Does yours have the Mk4 upgrade alarm?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aussie Pete said:
Venom - my car has Sentry as well. It closes sunroof but not windows as well. Does yours have the Mk4 upgrade alarm?
Yeah, mine is Mk4. Is your led exhibiting the same blinking behaviour as mine?
 

·
Australian Ford Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Sorry it took so long but I found out the information you needed to know.

i) The question was when you open the door it re-starts the thirty seconds?
That's because the immobiliser is kicking in, but not the alarm.

ii) One per second flash when the engine is running?
The answer is that there should be NO FLASHING of the LED when the engine is running. The alarm and immobiliser are deactivated when the engine is running. It dosen't make sense can you give more info??

ii) Sunroof closes, why not windows?
No window close option avaliable through Sentry.

By the way what kind of car do you have? I need age, model and brand of Sentry alarm fitted to the vehicle? And how long have you had the alarm for??
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MRS.RATT said:
Sorry it took so long but I found out the information you needed to know.

i) The question was when you open the door it re-starts the thirty seconds?
That's because the immobiliser is kicking in, but not the alarm.

ii) One per second flash when the engine is running?
The answer is that there should be NO FLASHING of the LED when the engine is running. The alarm and immobiliser are deactivated when the engine is running. It dosen't make sense can you give more info??

iii) Sunroof closes, why not windows?
No window close option avaliable through Sentry.

By the way what kind of car do you have? I need age, model and brand of Sentry alarm fitted to the vehicle? And how long have you had the alarm for??
i) I figured it was something like that, but as I've opened the door and disabled the passive re-arming, I wasn't sure why it needed to go through another 30sec cycle.

ii) I don't know what other info I can give, it simply flashes when the alarm/immobiliser is disabled, and as you/the booklet have said, it shouldn't!

The car is an AUII XR6 HP, build date August 2000, and the alarm was installed in late May this year.

I visited Sinclair Ford on Saturday, and the Service guy told me as the alarm wasn't factory fitted, it's no different to buying an alarm upgrade at Strathfield car radios, and therefore I should have Sentry sort it out.

I'm going to ring them tomorrow and see if they have any idea of the problem over the phone.

Thanks Mrs Ratt! :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
According to Sentry's own website (which I just found), the Power Window Closing feature *IS* optional on the MK4 upgrade.

http://www.sentryalarms.com.au/alarm.htm

Is it not standard to add this feature (ie, Sentry want more $$ before adding this) or is it simply not possible with an AU/AUII Falcon?
 

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
Joined
·
7,777 Posts
Venom S said:
According to Sentry's own website (which I just found), the Power Window Closing feature *IS* optional on the MK4 upgrade.

http://www.sentryalarms.com.au/alarm.htm

Is it not standard to add this feature (ie, Sentry want more $$ before adding this) or is it simply not possible with an AU/AUII Falcon?
I've had the window close option on a previous car - it's a pain in the butt because on hot days you may want to park the car in your driveway with the windows slightly open but with the car protected. The window feature won't let you do this.

As for Sentry service, you call them and they will come to you and fix the problem. Their head office is at City Ford Mascot.
 

·
Australian Ford Member
Joined
·
18 Posts
Aussie Pete said:


As for Sentry service, you call them and they will come to you and fix the problem. Their head office is at City Ford Mascot.
This is probably the best thing to do. It's easier to help someone over the phone than on the net. But I'll keep checking this thread if you have problems, and I can get a name for you if you need it! But I don't go on every day so go easy on me
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top