Prestige cars

Statesman - 387
318i - 204
Maxima - 190
Fairlane - ????

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
mmm...not having a successfull light car really hurts them, and if only the laser/Falcon was doing a little better, Ford would be up around the top too.

you would have to say that the Fairlane is a bit of a failure, and it seems the commodore ute is catching the AU Ute, and I have no doubt that the SS Ute is outselling XR now.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I agree Jem. The SS seems to be everywhere down here.
It is only the fact that Ford have the one tonne option that seems to be holding the ute above the Holden number

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
There is a concept ute from HSV/Holden. It will be towing the ski boat.

Not sure if it will be one tonne though

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
JEM said:
mmm...not having a successfull light car really hurts them, and if only the laser/Falcon was doing a little better, Ford would be up around the top too.
I think Laser's doing quite well (compared with last year).
It's just the Falcon that's hurting FOA! Well, everything Falcon except the utes.

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
JEM said:

you would have to say that the Fairlane is a bit of a failure, and it seems the commodore ute is catching the AU Ute, and I have no doubt that the SS Ute is outselling XR now.
Fairlane having a 175kw Windsor vs Statesmans 225kw 5.7 costs Ford sales even though they are luxury cars and not performance ones. Limited Concorde with 200kw or 220kw is needed before Barra Fairlane or AU3 Fairlane must receive a power increase.

I have no doubt SS utes are outselling XRs now too they are everywhere. I reckon 1 in every 2 Holden utes is an SS. I Hope Ford are already testing the 220kw engine in an XR8 ute even for a pursuite limited edition.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Does anyone know how the Falcon compares to the Commodore in terms of Private sales? Last I heard they were pretty even?

·
Leafspring Owners Club
340 Posts
tim_ef check out the sms-all the news thread.

it talks about the 250kw pursuit ute.

sounds great.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Yeah that pursuit 250Kw Ute is out early next year! Better get your orders in soon if ya want one!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
XR8Rebel2001 said:

According to last month's MOTOR, 35% of VU utes are SS, a full 25% above Holden's prediction (10%).
A guy I know has just bought a Maloo ute because there was a several month waiting list on SS ute. It was only about $7000 more. I tried to talk him around to an XR8 but (of course) the Holden dealer told him they were a POS and noone buys them!:(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts