Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got some more castings for the XR8 Sequential scoop organised. I need to know how many people would be interested in this item, the more numbers I can get the cheaper the price will be. The scoop bolts into the same hole on the left side (-passenger) of the bonnet on EF-ELs but a bare casting can be retrofitted to EA-ED. I'll post some pictures soon but the item is a top replica - identical to Ford's Sequential XR8 & as seen on Tomi's EL XR8 in the owners gallery. It comes ready for painting & is around $98 at the moment.

G

·
Slim or Rat
Do you have any details on the mods to be made to the air filter box so the sequential scoop works as it should.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The scoop itself sits just like the outer 'vent' currently on an EF-EL bonnet meaning its one of 2 components. The base plate it is fixed to is the same one your existing vent is fixed to. On an XR8 you would have to cut a slot into the top of the airbox & make a short duct to enclose the path of air that gets picked up from the bonnet. You could then use some adhesive foam door sealer to run around the top of the opening to your box to stop any air leaks. This was how the Sequential was set-up but keep in mind that they used a pod type filter within the box itself. I remember a few decent photos of the set-up in 'Street Heat' a few issues back. With an XR6 panel type set-up, you could simply trim away part of the airbox lid and again enclose the space between the underside of scoop and the filter it's feeding.

G

·
This is another guy that has made his own sequential scoop. check out his airbox setup.

http://www.nswxrclub.org.au/techlibrary/coldair/Pauls_EL_XR6_air.jpg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just new to this site and I am really interested in the scoop. Its been very hard to track down someone to supply the Sequential Scoop. Just a query, does it pose a problem if it rains and the water enters the scoop then into the pod. Would that mean that the engine would begin to inject water and then thus cause damage to the engine? RAT I will contact you soon to get details on how I can purchase the scoop.

G

·
No, the filter wouldn't let much in (if any?). and water injection is GOOD LOL.. just don't want alot of water like a litre at once that would make the engine go Hydrulic. whihc I've seen happen to a AU XR8. not only bend con-rods but warp cylinder bores. Then DEAD block which can never be fixed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts