Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Just as long as the power is there, equivalent (or preferably better than) HSV. A new spoiler kit IMHO will do jack towards selling T-Series cars, they need the grunt under the bonnet.:nuts:

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Hey weren't we just talking about this?

Sounds good.

I think by relaunch T series they mean things like new naming, yay!, stroker power upgrade, new options, slightly diffrent body kit.

I reckon for the AUIII models we will see more of the VCT engine, better working of the options and model inclusions. Diffrent wheel covers/alloys, bodykits, maybe a grill, badges, a attempt to fix up the ride quality on irs cars, and abs etc..

They should beable to move more AU's now...

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IPhido said:

a attempt to fix up the ride quality on irs cars

What don't you like about the ride quality of the IRS cars?

·
Bring Back Jeff Kennet
2,277 Posts
thank god for that...its good to called it the au3 cos the AV should be alot different (i was gonna say totally but thats a bit harsh). As for the body kit, its about time! I cant believe some of you guys dont want it. I love the understanded look of them at the moment but an optional body kit cant harm anyone

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
The article mentions the AU III from next month being October...

My XR6 is being built next month what the hell am I going to get?????

I hate it when people LIE.....

Nipper.....

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
I don't have a complaint, but many journalists seem to, particularly on Sydney roads, the commodore has a much better ride, so I am told. I know the commodore does ride pretty well.

Maybe it has something to do with suspension travel or shocks or something. Maybe its not a problem at all and people are getting carried away with themselves.

However I guess ford would do simular as holden with VXII, holden tweaked the suspension because its cheap to do and may help them sell cars. I guess ford would plan something simular, even if its just upgrading to the latest version of shocks and springs.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
Nipper, parts catalogues have AU3 production starting in November, so it looks like AU2 for you...cant find any changes concerning the XR's at this point...

·
BSR Field Agent
578 Posts
Thanks Parts Guy, I didn't think it would effect the order.. I have Emailed Ford anyway with my SIDO No and asked the question..

Nipper....

·
Ford Member
1,054 Posts
Ford would have to be the best secret keeper in the buisiness i reckon. They've kept an AU3 quite and T Series are only weeks away and details are still sketchy. Price,power and a 6 manual are essentual for the T Series to become a succes but i personally think some new wheel designs if not different kits are essentual to distinguish them from a Forte {at a Distance} and one reason why most buyers dream of a XR with the full kit and more agressive lights.

·
Ford Europe Wannabe
754 Posts
i must say that i dont believe there will be many changes done for AU 3 at all. Like mentioned, ABS as standard and very minimal trim and wheel cover changes. As for suspension changes- very minimal, but most likely no change and more of the VCT engine-my bet is on no change

I think Ford has rushed AU 3 to the market place becuase of the impact of VX 2. Therefore, very little time, budget and labour is made available for AU 3

but, i could be wrong (hopefully)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
If Ford rushed this, why are details in the parts catalogue..... (it's the little details that give things away!).

Well done Ford - I think it's a good move

(Scooby lines up to buy Series 3 badges for the XR8 - he, he)

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
IPhido said:

Sounds good.

I think by relaunch T series they mean things like new naming, yay!, stroker power upgrade, new options, slightly diffrent body kit.

I reckon for the AUIII models we will see more of the VCT engine, better working of the options and model inclusions. Diffrent wheel covers/alloys, bodykits, maybe a grill, badges, a attempt to fix up the ride quality on irs cars, and abs etc..

They should beable to move more AU's now...
No such luck IPhido.... There are only about 4 visible exterior changes and they are only minor ones.

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
keep an eye out for the AUIII XR8 Body Kit ;)

Hmm the Forte looks better with those standard ___________ ____________.

LOL you's are just gunna have to wait and see :)

B

·
0 Posts
AUIII Update

Now dont ask me how i know this but the new AUIII as most know, will be released at the sydney motor show, with a 'T Series' ute joining the stable.
All vehicles will be 260kw
TE becomes a low spec car - meaning loss of traction control and climate control - back to XR style controls.
TS will remain as is.
TE will have the old premium brake package as standard.
New spoiler (GTR) style available.
Clear indicator Lenses.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
If the AV won't be here untill late 2002, this is a good move by Ford. - Lets hope theres some good upgrades!!! - POWER, LOOKS, STREET CRED!!!:cool:

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Barney

I hope you are wrong about the TE being down graded.
I don't like the idea of the Tseries interior going backwards.

If you were going to do that just stick a stroker in the XR and call the model the entry level T series

1 - 20 of 53 Posts