Ford Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i went to auto zone to get some transmission fluid and oil. i got mobil 1 synthetic automatic tranny fluid, and mobil 1 tri-synthetic motor oil (5w-30). tomorrow i am having my mechanic service my tranny and change my oil. he said it would cost $133 to change the pan gasket and filter in the tranny and change the fluid. well i was just wondering if anyone has ever noticed a difference in the way your car drives, or shifts after you get the tranny serviced. My car has 83K miles and i'm pretty sure it's never been done.

·
Probe SE driver
99 Posts
hot96pgt said:
well today i went to auto zone to get some transmission fluid and oil. i got mobil 1 synthetic automatic tranny fluid, and mobil 1 tri-synthetic motor oil (5w-30). tomorrow i am having my mechanic service my tranny and change my oil. he said it would cost $133 to change the pan gasket and filter in the tranny and change the fluid. well i was just wondering if anyone has ever noticed a difference in the way your car drives, or shifts after you get the tranny serviced. My car has 83K miles and i'm pretty sure it's never been done.
i guess anything can help an ATX Probe tranny... Ever thought about installing a tranny oil cooler?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, are you talking about the hayden 404 or whatever it is that everyone talks about on probetalk?? if you are, then yes i actually asked auto zone about a tranny cooler about 2 months ago, they said they had a hayden 403 in stock and it was like $40. will the 403 work or does it have to be the 404?

·
Forgotten
65 Posts
I believe the Hayden 404 is a better size for our cars (fitment, cooling capabilities, etc).
It's about the same price I believe, if not a little less.
Did you try another autoparts store besides Autozone?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool.... nope i didn't but we got others around that i could check out, advanced auto, napa, track auto, pep boys....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts