Ford Forums banner

Shackle bushings

2601 Views 2 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  Unregistered
When trying to order shackle bushings energy suspension asks if your vehicle has the "molded in frame" or "common frame" type bushings. How do I determine this? I have a 1995 351 MFI.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Best to take a look at the bushings you have now:

Here is the firm's site page on what to look for to dtermine what part # you need:
..."..."Molded-In" Rubber Style has No Outer Metal Shell...
..."Common" Rubber Style HAS an Outer Metal Shell
click on Figure 4 here for assy view:

Ford did swap parts around on Broncos in later years within model years depending upon part availability/price/change in sources
Thanks yet again for your very detailed and informed response!!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.