Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EL Fairmont Ghia Member
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shell in Geelong has decided to go back to their original pricing policy and only have a 7c difference between the price of regular unleaded and their optimax product.

I have personally spoken to many Shell servo employees, who all stated, that many customers had complained, and that alot had not come back since........

As I get better endurance out of Optimax I have gone back........for now

Jas

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
What does that make the price?

I am going to redesign my local shell stations drive way just they don't know it yet:D

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Funny you should start this thread, the local guy in Hawthorn here had a 12cent difference for 4 months.

He has now dropped it back to 5cents after all this price hype, hmmmm:rolleyes:

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Guys might be abit outta the topic, but i'm still under a test to see which fuel is better the Mobil Synergy 8000 or Shell Optimax, i'll use which one is better.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Yeah i'll have to switch soon, to test the difference between the Synergy and Optimax.

On the subject of that, seems the ignition on the coil pack models EF Series 1, AU1 onwards cannot be advanced manually. The computer tunes it's self to the Higher Octane. When i went to Penrith Ultra service they checked the timing and found this out, apparently my timing was well advanced already. :D :D

I've tried a full tank of Synergy 8000 and a bottle of Nulon Octane Boost n clean, and the car responded, you can feel the trottle pickup compared to normal.

:cool:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts