Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is hard to believe that Ford doesn't offer a high performance/Sport model or at least a package for the Taurus. Ford is very active in Nascar with the Taurus but doesn't follow through with this racing heritage and offer to the public a high perfomance Taurus. I am in the market to buy one, but am forced to buy a Dodge Intrepid R/T or a Pontiac Bonneville SSEi. Come-on Ford, I am a loyal fan but you force me to look elsewhere. The Taurus is available in 4 trim levels......BUT NO ENTHUSIAST MODEL. Why not just re-name the Taurus "Little Crown Victoria". it appeals to the same age demographic! Very frustrated............! ! !

·
Multi Car Owner
930 Posts
I would agree with you. I have always been a fan of tho SHO models and was surprised to learn it was no more. If you can, you should hold out on the getting into a Dodge untill them change over to the rwd v8 platforms in the intrepid/300m models is a few years. When they do that you will see some hot selling cars from Dodge!

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...Or put out that 240-260 hp SUPERCHARGED SHO concept they had in 99. Its on BON, bring that out!

·
Contour SVT Member
12 Posts
I agree..I own a Contour SVT and it bugs me that Ford does not have a performance sedan (ie. SHO or SVT). There are so many other automakers that have them but not Ford. (3 series, A4-6, Subarus..etc..)

Just my thougts..

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thatd be cool

The S/C'd had torque up the @$$! But the 3.8 was quite troublesome from what I've heard...like the head gaskets and everything, but Im sure that could be fixed.

·
Thunderbird Member
55 Posts
yes, the 89-93 SC has 210hp and 315lb of torque, and the 94-95 SC has 230 hp and 330 lb torque. they are very fast. the headgaskets on all 3.8s were known to go but thats one of the only few flaws which can be fixed rather easlily with fel-pro headgaskets.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its pretty cool that the SC had more power than a Stang of its year (215hp/285-300ft/lb). Were any SC's turbo'd?? Or were those the 80s ones? If so what output did turbo ones have??

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and

The new 300hp Maurader(?) looks promising. I hope they decide to through a MTX in, at least as an option, (like camrys, standard atx, opt mtx) and a Supercharger kit. 360-400hp and torque seems possible, that'd be cool!:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts