Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
HORSE POWER FACTORY
257 Posts

·
Old Car:BA XR6 New: 97 EL
1,031 Posts
Chris, How does that exhaust sound on your car?

What exactly did you get fitted?

Thanks
Jay.

·
FPV
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Falcon

Blown AU, Yeah some of my mates told me to get Kings superlow but I was also told that lovell's are better and also cheaper.

Jay, It sounds Really nice and only got it for 200 new from a mate , its a "lukey" exhaust 2.5" with a straight race muffler.

Its given me a little more power too.

Do you think i should get new shocks too??

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
If you go Superlow with the springs then you will need shocks with a shortened body, Koni and Bilstein are two brands that spring to mind. These shocks are pretty exy, expect to pay between $400-$500 a pair for front. Check out http://www.whiteline.com.au/ for more info on suspension.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Well EF_GuY got the Pedders Sports Rider Gas for the horse and cart rear end today, must say i did notice a difference, no mid corner wobblies and as a proof i took the Great Western Hwy Lapstone hill (The sharp right hander) at 110km/h using only one lane, and thats not goin flat stick yet. :D :D

On the subject of shocks with the shortened body, i have the pedders on of those on the front, so thus changin the shock alone drops the car 1 inch.

The Pedders GSR fronts with the lower body costs $370 a pair.
The GSR gas rears cost $190 a pair.

I definitly recommend Pedders shocks to improve their Falcons.

·
FPV
478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pedders Sports Rider

Im gona see if i can just get springs (Kings Superlow) and keep my old shocks, if not ill get a set of Pedders Sports Rider shocks thanks for the info guys :)

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
I agree with botch,
If some of you guys want to lower your falcons 2inch's go the full sports rider setup, shocks and springs.

Well with my baby my leaf springs on the back are stockies with 1 inch lowering blocks. One the front i have King springs standard height. I didn't go for the Pedders Sports rider springs as that will drop my front by 2inch's. I need abit of ground clearance. So the only sports spring offered with 30% up rate in standard height is kings.

So my car has red shockies with yellow springs yaaay. :p :p :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts