Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there anyone who makes or can legally cut the shifter on an ef falcon 5 speed tranny?
it just seems like the shifter is too high, it would look really nice if it was shorter.
thanks

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
Herrod sell short shifter's, if anyone would know Rob would, he will steer you in the right derection

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
Barry Batten sells a shorter lever as that seems like all you are after.

Email him at [email protected]

He is based in WA and will post anywhere in Australia.

I had one on my AUII and it made a hell of a difference to the feel of the throw. I'm ordering one soon for the XR6T from him as well.

He also has a website but I don't have the address at home.

You could also try

Mal Wood Automotive Pty. Ltd.
42 Lyons Street Warwick. Qld. 4370
PO Box 424 Warwick. Qld
Phone # (07) 4661 3548 or # (07) 4667 0548

They are more local to you.

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
I made a shorter leaver for my Ed last year, after a week i got rid of it.
the shorter stick by itelf, will only make your shifts harder as you will lose the mechanical advantage of the length.
Herrod, or SVO sell short shift kits for around $500.
How short did you go?

The one I had on my AUII was around 2" shorter then the original stick and was fantastic.

The BA one that Barry makes is only around 50mm as the BA has a shorter lever than the other models anyway.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
TIKFD6 said:
I made a shorter leaver for my Ed last year, after a week i got rid of it.
the shorter stick by itelf, will only make your shifts harder as you will lose the mechanical advantage of the length.
Herrod, or SVO sell short shift kits for around $500.
Herrod shifter is called a sure shift, i know the guy's with the tremac 5 speeds think its much eaiser at quicker to select gears...

·
Registered
162 Posts
My next door neighbour has a metal lathe and he turned down my shifter on my EA by a good 1.5" and i chucked an aftermarket shift knob on it too. It feels tighter and much more direct.

Cost = $0 for me.

If you're interested, i may ask him what he would charge and how short you would wanna go. Be much cheaper than buying a short shift kit and as long as it's not too short, it wouldn't be noticed by the transport authorities either.

·
Registered
162 Posts
My next door neighbour has a metal lathe and he turned down my shifter on my EA by a good 1.5" and i chucked an aftermarket shift knob on it too. It feels tighter and much more direct.

Cost = $0 for me.

If you're interested, i may ask him what he would charge and how short you would wanna go. Be much cheaper than buying a short shift kit and as long as it's not too short, it wouldn't be noticed by the transport authorities either.

·
cArSiK
1,249 Posts
^so true kerry. I had cut about 2" off mine , used it for about 5 months. Just put a new stick (not cut) on it last week and damn the box is soooo much lighter now....

james

1 - 11 of 11 Posts