Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What exact things do I need to buy for shorter stopping distances, and less brake fade? Early this morning, I was racing a customized F-150 and I could not slow down fast enough for a red light and had to sail right through it, luckily it was very early and there was no traffic. I geared down to slow down, and applied the brakes, they were so faded that I was not slowing down quick enough. What should I get, some cross-drilled rotors? What kind of pads? Will stainless brake lines help anything? Also, my parking brake needs tightened, is this a difficult process?

Laters,
Marc

P

·
0 Posts
The first and cheapest thing you should consider buying is better brake pads. I cant remember but someone suggested me a particular brand, Ill get back to you on that.
Also think about cross-drilled or slotted rotors, Brembo is the best!

Otherwise, be careful when you race. A bus trying to make it through a red light almost killed me, its no joke!

P.S.: Why is this post here? Seems like everyone posts everything in here regardless of the subject...

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for moving it, makes more sense in here!

Where is a good place online that sells brake parts?

How much does x-drilled rotors and good pads run?

·
SCPOC/Probe GTS Member
58 Posts
Bigger brakes

For $1000 you can get a 12 or 13" rotor & 4-piston caliper set of front brakes from www.hyedracyl.com. This is an excellent brake upgrade, your fade problems will never happen ever again. I've used mine at several road racing events and have been fade-free all weekend. (I have 12.2" diameter rotors, 1.25" thick with curved cooling vanes. Not drilled or slotted, no need.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts