Ford Forums banner

Should Mal run his car?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the topic suggest, should Mal let the turboed beast off the leash at Heatcote. I for one would love to see it run!

C'mon guys, time for a bit of peer pressure!

This is an open poll so Mal knows who is keen to see him run it.

·
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA
1,043 Posts
I'm keen for him to run it against some of the ls1 boys in that ls1 nationals meet, thats going on.
(theres a thread going on in the pub)

and i wanna see what my competition is running on the quater!!! :p

c'mon you know you wanna run it!!!

cheers.joe.

·
Senior Events Moderator
1,710 Posts
Yeah whats going on MAL you make this machine for the exact purpose.
Now get into it

If you dont pull the times you hope who cares at least you can figure out ratios and other things for next time and fix other problems like traction. Its all fun

ALSO ANSWER YOUR PHONE

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
HA HA Mal youre gunna cop it here mate;

I think run it but not because we want you to, get her run-in properly first 3000 kays should do it. No sense getting a rush of blood and breaking something. Its got to be tuned properly first once everything beds in etc.... I noticed when james and I were out there at TSA it seemed to be running quite rich, a legacy of not wanting it to lean out at high RPM i would guess.

anyhow as much as i would like to see her squirt down the quater on the 10th i would hate to see a not quite sorted engine give you electrical problems (piston through the alternator!)

Good luck with the resistance!!!!

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
I would like to see the beast run the quarter, it'd be a sight to see thats for sure!

But ONLY if the car is ready.

·
Team Galaxy: Mad Bastard
2,847 Posts
Sorry Stevie for missing the call...And sorry guys, I really appreciate the support and enthusiasm, esp. from Casper...but my situation is exactly as Kooky has said above. It's not becoz of some lame selfish reason such as the fear of running a bad time or being slower than anyone else, but I want to run the beast in nicely before giving it a hard time. It only has clocked close to 1,500kms since I got it back from TSA so it's still got a fair bit to go. I'm taking the drive up to Heathcote as an opportunity to put more milelage into it before sending it down to TSA for the first service. After that, all hell breaks loose, and that's where I'll be going sideways and all at Calder for the High Perf Course (Casper and Kooky have to be there for sure).

So once again, I thank you guys for the support and beg for your forgiveness. Have a safe and happy NYE!!!!

·
2,847 Posts
gm dstroya said:
I'm keen for him to run it against some of the ls1 boys in that ls1 nationals meet, thats going on.
(theres a thread going on in the pub)

and i wanna see what my competition is running on the quater!!! :p

c'mon you know you wanna run it!!!

cheers.joe.
Joe, WHAT COMPETITION????????
I've got a hotted up car....you've got a bloody rocketship heading for Mars!!!!

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok Mal, we'll let you off just this once :s6:

next time.

As for the performance course, it might have to wait till March or so if thats ok?

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Youve done 1500 k's and its not run in yet????????????????????????
how many more k's, 13500?????????
yourve got a high performance machine there, dont granny it cos then it will always be a granny.....
get into it mal, give it some herbs, lets see it pull some times at heathcote..

·
2,847 Posts
Not grannying it mate...Never!! I have never been soft with my XR6, but I know when I should push it and it's just not the best timing right now. In March, definitely...but not now. Also, I'm trying to be a good boy following orders from the good people at TSA. I really hate to do this to you guys...please understand.

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If TSA said dont then dont. I was just stirring anyhow. And I can say Mal does not baby it at all, at least not when I was in it!

·
2,847 Posts
Do I want to run the beast? HELL YA!!!! But I can't, for reasons you know. Itching all over so once it has gone through the first service and fine-tuning process, it'll definitely hit the track. Maybe Stevie can organiser a small gathering for that...LOL

BTW, what show are you referring to TIKFD6?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts